CHAPTER 21 -Hunter Exam-

Third person POV

THE FINAL PHASE OF THE HUNTER EXAM

Ten applicants: Rin, Gon, Killua, Kurapika, Leorio, Pokkle, Bodoro, Gittarackur, Hanzo, and Hisoka, head to the Final Phase, having passed the exam's Fourth Phase

"Well gentlemen, did you get plenty of rest? This hotel is owned by the Hunter Exam Selection Committee. The place is all yours until the battles have concluded." The Chairman stood in front of the ten applicants.

"For the Final Phase, we will be holding a one-on-one tournament." As the Chairman said, a man in a black suit walked in with a covered whiteboard.

The Chairman uncovered the board revealing what's underneath it which was the bracket of the tournament.

"So only the last person standing passes?" Leorio wondered.

"No. One win is all you need to pass." The Chairman pointed his index finger indicating 'one'.

"The winners are removed from competition, while the losers continue up the bracket. In other words, the person who finishes at the top will not pass. Does everyone understand now?" The Chairman explained.

"So you're saying that only one person will fail?" Hanzo concluded.

"Exactly."

"And here is the bracket." He removed the paper that was covering the bracket and revealed who will fight who.

As soon as Rin saw who will be fighting the first match, her eyes made its way to Gon, observing his reaction

The second match will be quite difficult because the one who will be fighting was Kurapika and the red-haired magician, Hisoka.

In spite of that, the third match was the one that caught her attention the most because in that third match will be her turn to fight whoever loses the first match.

'It'll either be Gon or that Baldy guy. If Gon loses, then I will have to fight him! I don't want that!' Rin panicked.

"Impressive, right? After all, everyone has at least two chances to win." The Chairman continued.

"But some people, like #294 and #405, get six chances." Pokkle asserted.

"Why didn't you use a balanced bracket?" Bodoro questioned.

"A question that must be on everyone's mind. This bracket was assembled based on your performances throughout the entire exam. Those who performed better received more chances." The Chairman said.

"That doesn't sound right. Can you explain how you scored our performances?" Killua asked slightly irritated by the fact that he was below Gon and Rin.

The Chairman looked at him for a while and yelled.

"NOOOOO!!!" The way he answered the question made Killua felt annoyed as a vein popped out of his head.