CHAPTER 13 -Hunter Exam-

Third person POV

"Regardless, we need to win two rounds and advance," Kurapika said.

"Who's going next?" Killua asked.

"Me! I'll go!" Gon raised his hand and everyone stared at him as if he just grew a horn.

"Will you be okay?" Leorio asked.

"Uh-huh!" Gon nodded.

"The next opponent doesn't look too strong," Killua noted.

"Killua, you know better not to underestimate your opponent right~?" Rin teased Killua, reminding him of what had occurred when they played with Netero the other night.

Killua just scowled in response. That was definitely not a very lovable memory for him.

"You can't let your guard down, Gon. He still a criminal." Leorio said while Gon removed his bag pack.

"Uh-huh, I know." He walked forward.

"Good luck Gon!" Rin cheered the moment Gon entered the ring.

As the two of them stood in the ring, the prisoner called Sedokan proposed a game as the next match. He took out two sticks of candles and held it in his hands.

"We each light a candle at the same time. The one whose candle goes out first is the loser. What do you think?"

"Yeah! That's easy to understand. Let's go with that!" Gon agreed.

"Okay, in that case, decide which candle you want to use." He revealed the candles in his hand. One was short and the other was longer.

"Press 'O' for the long one, or 'X' for the shorter one. This will be determined by majority rule." He said with a playful smirk.

The five of them were having a dilemma about whether to choose the long one or the shorter one. Regardless, the four of them let Gon decided to choose the candle. After all, relying on his sharp instincts was better than to fret over it for a long time.

With that, Gon chose the longer one and so the five of them pressed the 'O' button.

Receiving his long candle, they began to light the candles at the same time. It was pretty hard to maintain the fire due to the breeze blowing around the area.

After a couple of moments, the fire on Gon's candle began to burst in flame. Everyone was frantic, if Gon's candle went out first, they'll be down on one point.

Even so, Gon only examined the candle for a moment before a wide grin spread across his face

"If the fire is stronger, then a little breeze won't extinguish it." Placing his candle on the floor, he dashed towards Sedokan and blew his candle.

"I win!" Gon cheered as Sedokan candle goes out in a puff of smoke.