Long Time No See - Ray Toro

'A band called My chemical romance are coming to your city.' My phone read.
"Hm they sound cool. Lemme check em out." I hit shuffle on their page, not looking at what their icon shows what they look like. A song called 'mama' begins to play. The introduction is really catchy. This band seems really good. Might grab a couple tickets.

My home phone rings through the hallway. I go to pick it up and when I answer it's my friend, Bailey.
"Hey Bailey, wassup?" I ask.
"Nothing much, just a really cool band I like are coming here next month." He said excitedly.
"My chemical romance?" I asked him, smirking.
"Yuh... how did you know? You never listen to my music recommendations!" He said, his admiration shining.
"Anyway I got tickets and you're coming." He said.
"Sure, they seem really good." You smiled.

About a month later.

"Okay so which songs do you know the words to (y/n)?" Bailey asked me while he drives to the concert.
"Mama, welcome to the black parade, planetary (go), cemetery drive, demolition lovers, which is my favourite, I don't love you, I'm not okay, and a few others I forgot the names of." I smiled, proudly.
I never usually get hooked on a band properly unless i listen to them for months, but this band clicked from when I first played Mama.

"Why's demolition lovers your favourite?" Bailey asked me.

"Well it's so emotional and the lead guitar is BEAUTIFUL and then it hits you a bit more heavily when you least expect it so it's like a tragic love song but not cheesy, but amazing." I said.

"Wow, that's deep, mines probably hang em high. The intro to that is art. But also cemetery drive because that song never gets boring." He said, smiling.

At the concert

An opening band called Badflower (author note: please check out Badflower, they're amazing) stepped onto the stage and began to play one of their songs called 'Die'. The band blew my mind away, they were AMAZING. Moshing to this song was so fun. Wow, my chem haven't even come on yet and this concert is really good.

"I love this band!!!" Bailey screamed.
"So just die, everyone out of the way!" The lead singer sang.

Their set lasted for another 30 minutes, followed by a 20 minute interval, setting up for Mcr.
"Bro I can't wait!" I danced, smiling at Bailey.
"Me neither!"

 After the 20 minutes of waiting is over, the whole room went dark, I can hear smoke machines turn on, the crowd turned quiet. This didn't last long because I heard footsteps and everyone around me erupted with cheers. The band were on stage. They look really cool. I had yet to see the lead guitarist though, because he's hidden behind some smoke.
 A familiar tune began to play. I danced to planetary (go) with all my heart. Then I noticed something. The guitarist in front of me looks familiar.
The song ended but I didn't notice and blurted out "Ray?" quite loudly, loud enough for him to hear. He gave the crowd a puzzled look but then our eyes met and he remembered me.
The rest of the night was a buzz, I was mainly confused as to why my high school friend was on stage with a band I liked, was he always in the band? How did I not notice?!

"That was THE Ray Toro you know, not a fake." Bailey said, patting my back as we went to leave.
"I know, but I didn't know someone from my childhood was in this band." I said smiling to myself. He was amazing, just as, or even more than he was when I first knew him. 

"Whaaaaat? You tell me this NOW?! After the show? (y/n)!! Imagine if we got vip just because you knew him, it's almost like a wattpad story this." Bailey exclaimed.

"Haha, he won't remember me though Bails." I sighed, remembering how he never showed up to the day out I'd planned, when I was younger, with him just before he moved away.

"HEY, you never know (y/n), ya never know." Bailey said, dancing slightly.

"Oh Bailey, you mad lad." I said, patting his head.

We both walked outside into the cold night air, missing the warmth of the concert already.

 "(Y/n)?" What sounded like Ray's voice chased us.

"Ohmygodturnaround." Bailey whispered.

"It'sRayfrickingToro." He whispered even louder.

"It is I." He said, doing a mini bow, as I turned around to look at him. He looked the same as he used to, just more mature. His hair was still curly and long and bouncy and his eyes still had that happy look in them.

"Ray.." I began, feeling uncomfortable all of a sudden. Bailey was just standing by my side, spectating this reunion. He seemed to be fanboying yet also  very confused.

"(y/n).. I'm sorry." Ray started.

"Please don't be, you're happier now than I've ever known you to be Ray. This is the dream you always told me about in class. You got here. I am proud." I smiled at him, trying to fight the empty feeling of remembering being left alone without coming to our meet up that day years ago.

"No, I'm sorry for leaving city the day we made plans. My parents wanted me to forget everything I was leaving behind so I would concentrate on the future. I didn't want it that way, I promise, that night I wanted to tell you everything I had ever wanted to share with you, but I guess I was forced away from that." He said, looking rather sad.

"Sounds like looooooooooooove." Bailey jeered, poking my side. 

I doubted that, until I saw a pink tinge rise up onto Ray's cheeks.

"See?" Bailey giggled. "He's embarrassed."

"Bailey!" I poked him, slightly embarrassed and annoyed.

"Well (y/n), I wanted to tell you that night that I really liked you, that you meant more to me than all of the stars in the entire Universe, and ever since then I haven't gone a day where I don't miss that feeling. I have liked other people since, but no one has ever been as special to me as you were. I had accepted that I wasn't going to ever see you again when I went back to our hometown a few years later but word was you moved. Nobody knew who you were or where you were and this broke my heart. I tried to find you others ways, like online, but it's surprising how many people have the same name as you." He giggled, going more red.

"Ray, I wanted to tell you how I felt that night too, but you seem to remember so much from so many years ago ,yet still, I doubt you still have the same feelings for me." I said, sure that he had found someone else but he didn't want to tell me.

"Don't be silly, seeing you tonight relit my feelings for you that were deep inside my heart." He smiled.

"Oh my god cringefest." Bailey said in the background, sticking two fingers inside his mouth, pretending to be sick.

"Go away." I ushered him, laughing.

"Fine, meet you in the car... unless something happens." He winks, going up to Ray for a high five and dancing off, happy he met his idol.

"I am so sorry about him, he's my best friend, he's always like this." I said to Ray.

"It's okay, he seems fun." Ray began to scratch the back of his hair. 

"Um, (y/n)... can we go out sometime? Like whenever you're free, maybe?" He smiled, hiding part of his face with his hair.

Wait. Really? Oh wow! This is amazing, someone I thought rejected me actually wanted to tell me how they liked me but never got the chance and now they do!!!

"Yes, I'd love to, I've missed you so much, I've missed having fun with you, not that we can prank the teachers anymore, but you know what I mean." I smiled.

 Ray and I exchanged phone numbers, hugged and I even got a cheek kiss. Luckily no fans had been around the entire time this happened, because it turns out Bailey led us out of the wrong exit earlier, typical.

 "I'll see you then I guess." I smiled, remembering to meet him next Saturday at our favourite childhood park, the place where I was meant to see him last time.

"I'll pick you up if you want." Ray answered, giving you another hug and walking off back to his bandmates, who were probably worried about where he'd got to.

"Sure!" I yelled at the man I cared for, walking away.