14. The race

Skye pov:

So the past two weeks were pretty funny.
I actualy taught Harry how to ride a bike, he fell like a thousand times but it worked out. After that it took a lot of convicing to make him do the race anyways. 
He looked at me.
"Unbelievanble that you made me do this."
"Oh stop whining. During the tracks we rode together you were pretty good."
"Yea but what if it's not good enough."
"Trust me, even you can win from Josh. If you also win from Noah it's great and you don't have to win from Ben because you and Ben are always really competive and all."
"Yea yea..."
I took his hand.
"Come on, you won't lose. And I saw the way you smiled during our tracks so I know you secretly enjoyed it."
"It wasn't not fun but this is different. I mean-"
"Yea yea. You don't want to lose because then Alex will have the right to shave your head. Just stop worrying and have a little fun. You got this." I said and he smiled a little.
"You'd think so?"
"I know so."

We joined the others by the tracks and Ben looked at Josh.
"I hope you know that you'll lose." he said teasingly.
"I know I can't beat you and Sean so my hope is set on beating Noah." Josh said.
"Yea, not gonna happen." Noah said and Harry chuckled a bit.
"Is it funny?" Josh asked.
"Well Sean and Skye both have been training a lot the past two weeks. I'd almost think they'd do the enduro this year, together." Ben said and Harry looked at me since hje had no clue what the enduro was and I rolled my eyes.
"Why can't I just be the supportive girlfriend who helped her boyfriend train a bit after he didn't do the tracks for eight weeks?" I asked and Noah grinnend.
"Ben's just jealous that Sean has a girlfriend who likes biking too." he said with a sly smile.
"Hey! I just like the vieuw of a winner better then ebing a sore second placer." Danielle said.
"You realise that's offensive against Skye and me, right?" Ben asked and Danielle grinned nervously.
"Here for goodluck she said quickly as she kissed him.
Kaylee did the same by Noah and I looked at Harry.
"Not like you need it but also for goodluck." 
I kissed him on his cheek, yea still didn't have to guts to kiss him on his lips, he did that with me everytime though so yea...
Harry smiled a little.
"Thanks." he said.

I looked at Kaylee when the boys went to the start they created.
"You're filming the whole race right?"
"Yea, Josh wanted that for live at the lodge eventhough I'm pretty sure he's going to lose so yea."
"Let me guess, you also gonna have to film when Josh- I mean the loser, is gonna get his head shaved?"
"Yup."
"He's really making things tough for himself." I said and Kaylee grinned.
The guys took off and Harry actually did great.
Harriette called me and I walked away frommthe other girls, still faced towards the race, I just had to now how Harry kept doing, so yea.
"Hey, Harriette!" I said.
"Okay, so how hard is Harry losing right now?"
"Switch to video call and I'll show you... How great he is doing."
"Wait what?"
She switched to video call and seemed really suprised that Harry was keeping up so good.
"Definitly because he knows what's at stake." she said laughing.
"Oh come on, he actually worked really hard." I said.
"Who's that guy who's leading the race?"
"Also a Ben. But that's not important. The one at the back of the race is Josh, he's going to lose for sure though."
"So he'll get shaved?"
"Probably yes."
"Nice."
"You're really mean."
"Wait Josh was like the guy who came up with the bet wasn't he?"
"Yea, why?"
"Karma is a bitch!" she said and I grinned.
"True."

Sean pov:

So Mal and I were hanging out, again.
I wasn't mentally there though...
"Hey, is something wrong?" Mal asked and I looked at her.
"N- No, everything is fine..."
"Then what are you thinking about?"
"Stuff back home- I mean by the Northstar lodge."
"You miss your friends?"
"Not that- I mean yes but- I..."
"You can tell me anything, you know that right?"
"I know... It's just, let's say it's a bit of a nerve wrecking day."
"Why?"
"Because thanks to the fact that Harry and I didn't switch back yet, he kinda has to participate a bet which I'm not quite sure if he's going to make it."
"That guy always figured a way to win his bets."
"Even with biking?"
"Okay, that guy is screwed."
"Thanks for the reminder, it kinda feels like it's my fault if he fails."
"Oh come on, how bad could it be? What's at stake?"
"Losers head get shaved."
"Yikes..."
"Are you trying to make me feel better?"
"Sorry, not really helping..."
"Maybe I should send Skye just a quick text to check how things are going over there..."
"If that makes you feel better."
So I did and Skye replied with the monkey emoji who held his hands in front of his eyes.
"Yea, he's screwed..." I muttered.
"Why?" Mal asked and I showed her the text.
"Oh-kay... That doesn't have to mean that-"
"Really, you're actually trying to convince me that is doesn't mean that he's screwed?"
"Sort of. Maybe Skye is just teasing you. Can't that be an option?"
"Skye knows that I'm worrying about this... She wouldn't do that right now..."
"Oh come on, if she knows that you're worrying about this s=then she defenitly send that to mess with you."
"You'd think?"
"Trust me if she saw the look on your face when you read that message. Yea she would've laughed so hard."
"Well thanks a lot."
"Why don't we go do something else, to take your mind off the whole 'Harry situation' okay? Just the two of us."
She kissed me and I smiled.
"Thanks for the offer but I don't know... It doesn't feel right, right now... I'm sorry if I sound like a jerk right now but-"
"You're not a jerk. You're kind. And it's cute when you're so worried like this."
I chuckled a bit.
"Thanks...?"