Priorities

This Oneshot is set between HTTYD 2 and the Hidden World. Requests are welcome.
Hope you enjoy :)

***

"Hiccup?" Astrid called out as she entered the arena in search of her betrothed.

"You just missed him, Lass," Gobber explained.

Of course, she did. She hadn't seen Hiccup all week. He was so busy trying to fill his father's shoes, trying to be the best chief that he could be, that he didn't have time for anything else. She had been looking for him all day, but everywhere she looked, she just missed him, as if he could see her coming. Was he trying to avoid her? On their one-year anniversary as a couple? Or maybe he forgot?

She shook the thought from her head. This was Hiccup. He would never.

She nodded gratefully at Gobber before taking off on Stormfly.

***

She looked around for a few more hours before finally giving up. She landed on the cliff, overlooking the entire village. She sat by the edge of the cliff and smiled when Stormfly rested her head on her rider's lap in an attempt to comfort her.

"Thanks, Girl." Astrid sighed. "I can't believe he forgot. I mean... I know he's been busy working, but..." Stormfly noticed the sudden silence and looked up at her rider, who was fighting back tears. She sat with Stormfly and watched the sunset on the horizon.

Stormfly's head shot up and she began looking around, frantically.

"Stormfly?! What is it, Girl?" Astrid jumped up, chasing her dragon as she rushed into the woods.

She finally managed to catch up to her Nadder. She continued following closely, as Stormfly seemed to be tracking something. The Nadder came to a halt, gesturing towards the large bush ahead of her.

"Toothless?!" Astrid shouted as the Night Fury jumped out of the bush and raced to the blonde. "Where's Hiccup?" She panicked. If he wasn't with Toothless, where was he? They were always together. Where there was Toothless, there was Hiccup. It was just a fact.

Toothless signaled for Astrid to follow. They made it to a clearing and the Night Fury rushed to a large tree. Astrid noticed a scroll attached to a branch. She opened it and began reading.

You didn't really think I was gonna forget, did you? You know me better than that. I have a surprise for you, but first I have a task for you.

Our night of romance has just begun, Now it's time to have some fun,
So go to the place,
Where we start dragon race,
And there you'll find clue number one.

Hiccup x

Astrid rolled her eyes and chuckled. She knew Hiccup was a romantic, but this was cheesy, even for him. She barely had to think for a few seconds.

"Arena!" She realized. She turned to her boyfriend's dragon, who bowed his head, signaling her to mount up. Of course, she would much rather ride Stormfly but Toothless couldn't fly on his own. "Come on, Stormfly!" She called her dragon, who followed closely as Astrid and Toothless took off, heading back towards the village.

Astrid dismounted the Night Fury and raced into the academy to find the riders all doing some late-night dragon training. Okay, Fishlegs, Heather, and Eret were training. Snotlout was napping and the Twins were doing Thor knows what, but it involved a mace and several large rocks.

"Hey, Astrid. Find him yet?" Fishlegs asked. Astrid had come to Fishlegs hours earlier, looking for her auburn-haired boyfriend. Astrid shook her head, catching her breath.