Warrior within

Just to clarify.
Zephyr is 16
Nuffink is 14

RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS!!!

Requests are welcome x
Hope you enjoy :)

***

Now, everyone knew that Astrid was one of the toughest teens on Old Berk. Zephyr was definitely following in her mother's footsteps.

Nuffink however, was a lot like his father was at his age. Less of a fighter. Study hard, love dragons. It was all he knew. Though Nuffink was a lot taller than Hiccup was, standing a few inches taller than his sister. But the thing that he and his father both agreed on... was protecting their family at all cost. So you can only imagine how he reacted when he found his sister hiding in the cove with a split lip and a nose bleed.

"Zeph, this is getting ridiculous. You have to tell mom and dad!" Nuff suggested.

"It's fine, Nuff. I'm dealing with it!" She huffed.

"Really, because your face tells me you're not doing a very good job."

She rolled her eyes and continued drawing in the dirt with a stick. Dart had a large branch in her mouth, doing the same. Nuff sat down beside her when her nose started bleeding again.

"Here." He took out a piece of cloth and wiped it away.

"Thanks." She took the cloth and cleaned herself up.

"Zeph, I can't keep lying to mom and dad. If you don't tell them, then I will." He explained.

"I will. I just... don't know how. How am I supposed to tell the fearless Astrid Haddock, her daughter can't handle a stupid bully. And you know dad will flip!"

"Can you at least tell me who it is?" Nuff asked. Zeph shook her head. She couldn't let her brother know that it was one of his best friends.

"No! I can give as good as I get. I'm not getting you involved, you'd get yourself killed."

"Killed?" Nuff gasped. Wrong choice of words Zeph.

"You know what I mean. You'd get hurt."

"You're hurt..."

"No, I'm fine! Stop being so paranoid."

"Yes, mom!" He chuckled.

***

A week had passed and Zephyr still hadn't told her parents. Nuffink continued to deny all knowledge, hoping his sister would come to her senses. Meanwhile, he was keeping an extra close eye on her.

Nuffink was in his room studying.

Knock Knock

"Come in." Nuff called not looking up from his notebook.

"It's just me." Astrid said as she opened the door to her son's immaculate bedroom. "Have you seen your sister anywhere?"

He spun round faster than he could blink.

"You mean she's not here?"

"She's probably off training somewhere and lost track of time. Just wondering if she mentioned where she was going."

"Sorry, no." Nuffink knew better. Zephyr was never late home from training.

"I'll let you get back to work."

"Mom, can I go for a flight? I could use a study break." He asked.

"Sure. Just make sure..."

"... to stay away from the eastern border. Got it." His parents had been reminding him all week about the Changewing migration along the east side of New Berk. As if he didn't remember.