Tattoo

Requested by Hailey.
Set during RTTE.

Requests are welcome x
Hope you enjoy :)

***

"Can I see it again?"

"Again?" Astrid chuckled as she sat above her boyfriend, straddling his hips, wearing nothing but a strapless top above her bindings and a pair of shorts as the blistering weather didn't allow her to wear much else. Her long wavy hair, free of its usual braid, which Hiccup found such an honor.

Hiccup smile up at her and nodded. She rolled her eyes playfully and chuckled before lifting the lower right side of her shirt, lowering the fabric of her shorts no more than two inches, revealing a small tattoo on her right hip.

Hiccup's hand found its way to her waist and his thumb gently stroked the black mark and he couldn't help but smile.

He had never been a fan of tattoos. But on Astrid it was beautiful. He continued to trace the word on her skin for a few minutes while she giggled at the touch.

Astrid suddenly jumped up when the door to her hut swung open, covering herself back up as Heather entered, wearing a similar outfit to Astrid, her hair flowing free, to find the flustered teens looking at anything but her.

"Oops. Sorry didn't mean to interrupt." She giggled. This wasn't the first time she had ruined a beautiful Hiccstrid moment.

"What?! No!" Astrid denied.

"Relax, Astrid." Heather chuckled at how much her friends were blushing.

"H-Heather, did you want something?" Hiccups hand had made its way to the back of his hair.

"Fishlegs wanted to see everyone in the clubhouse. But I can tell him you're busy." She wiggled her eyebrows at the blonde.

"Heather, we weren't doing anything!" Astrid said a little too defensively.

"So, can I see the tattoo that you were so quick to hide?" Heather giggled. The couple both looked at her with wide eyes. Astrid rolled her eyes and showed the tattoo to Heather, who squealed excitedly.

Unfortunately, she forgot to close the door and someone else managed to catch a peek. They couldn't quite make out what it said but it was a tattoo nonetheless. The couple gasped as they saw Snotlout run away.

***

"Guys! Guess what?! Astrid has a tattoo!" Snotlout rasped out as he made it to the clubhouse. He yelped as he saw Astrid approaching. Her hair was now in a high ponytail.

"So, A. You got a tattoo?" Tuff asked. Astrid scowled at Snotlout as he hid behind Fishlegs.

"Is that a yes?" Ruffnut asked.

"Yes. Okay? I have a tattoo." She snapped. "And no. You can't see it." She added before Tuffnut could ask.

"Ohhh." The riders protested.

"What did you get?" Ruffnut asked. Astrid looked towards her boyfriend then to a spot on the floor she suddenly found incredibly fascinating.

"It's just... a word." She summed up, nervously.

"What word?" Snotlout asked.

"Just a word!" She snapped.

"Where?" Tuff asked. She pointed to the spot on her right hip.

"Wait, so how did Snotlout see it?" Fishlegs asked.

"She was showing it to Heather." Snotlout explained. "And Hiccup."

Astrid and Hiccup both blushed profusely. Astrid covered herself with her arms while Hiccup played with the back of his hair nervously.
The riders all chuckled at their flustered friends.

They continued to pester her for the rest of the day until she finally gave in and showed them the tattoo.

Fishlegs cried. Heather squealed. The twins were disappointed and Snotlout pouted as they read the word: Hiccup.

"You know that's permanent right? Like, it's gonna be there forever." Tuffnut explained.

"Yeah..." Astrid blushed, speaking softly, almost at a whisper. "That's, kinda the whole point."

At this point, Heather had to hug Fishlegs to get him to stop crying. Snotlout pretended to gag before getting up to leave.

Hiccup snaked his arm around Astrid's waist and began tracing the tattoo of his name that hid under the fabric of her clothes.

"So, Milady. Where should I get yours?" He smiled into her neck. She grabbed his arm and brought it up to her lips. She placed a gentle kiss on his left wrist.
"My wrist it is."

She spun around and threw her arms around his neck, pulling their lips together like magnets. Fishlegs melted into Heather's arms as he sobbed hysterically.

Hiccup smiled against his girlfriend's lips. She let out a small squeak as he lifted her off the ground. Her legs immediately snaked around his waist. They had completely forgotten they weren't alone until Heather cleared her throat. They giggled against each other's lips before pulling apart.

Astrid refused to leave her boyfriend's arms, so instead, he just sat down and held her tightly as the riders began to discuss their next mission. Though the couple really weren't paying much attention to anything other than the set of eyes staring back at them. Blue locked onto green.