Trapped

Set during RTTE. Astrid has powers because she's awesome.

Requests are welcome x
Hope you enjoy :)

***

The riders were back on Berk for the big annual dragon census.

It was the first night Astrid and Hiccup had spent in separate huts since the day they got together.

They had agreed to meet at the academy first thing in the morning, to go on their usual morning flight.

Hiccup started to get rather concerned when he had been waiting for at least 30 minutes and Astrid was nowhere in sight. He decided to fly to the Hofferson's hut to check up on her, she was never late for their morning flight.

He knocked on the door and started growing impatient, waiting for an answer. Finally, a sleepy Lotus opened the door.

"Hiccup?!" Astrid's mother yawned. "What time is it?"

"Have you seen Astrid?" He ignored her question.

"She's probably still asleep." She said before he rushed past her and up the stairs. 'Please... come in.' She said sarcastically as she closed the door and followed him through the house.

Hiccup knocked on Astrid's bedroom door, before opening it and stepping inside.

Lotus froze when she found her daughter's bed empty. "Maybe she went on her morning flight." She suggested as Hiccup stepped into the room.

"Without Stormfly?" He noticed the Nadder, her legs and wings tied, and a muzzle around her jaw. He immediately ran to the dragon's aid. Once she was free from the ropes, she jumped up and ran around the room in a panic.

"Shhhhhhh..." Lotus attempted to calm the frightened dragon. "...It's okay, girl." She placed a hand on her snout.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that, Mrs. Hofferson..." Hiccup stood up off the floor holding the ropes that he had just removed from his girlfriend's dragon. "... Krogan has Astrid!"

***

Astrid slowly opened her eyes to find that she certainly was not where she had fallen asleep.

"Look who's awake?" She heard a voice coming from outside the cage she found herself in. She attempted to stand up before realizing her arms and legs were tied. "I was beginning to think you would sleep the day away."

A tall figure finally came into view as her vision slowly began to improve, though the searing pain in the back of her head remained almost unbearable, although she would never show it.

"Krogan?" She asked as she finally came to her senses.

"So, you've heard of me?" He asked.

"What do you want?"

He chuckled. "I want your chief."

"So why kidnap me?" She wondered.

"There's been some rumors spreading around the northern markets." He began to pace back and forth. "I didn't believe it at first until I sent troops to spy on both Berk and Dragons edge, and they discovered something. During my little attack on Berk last week, the Haddock's protected you above all else. Why?"

"That still doesn't answer my question."

"When they realize that their precious little girl is missing, I'm willing to bet they would do just about anything to get her back."

"So let me guess..." Astrid rolled her eyes. "You're gonna use me as leverage and offer a trade... Me for the dragons?"

"Clever girl." He smirked. "I have underestimated you."