My choice part 5

This one is a little short. But definitely worth the read. Some cheesy Hiccstrid stuff towards the end.

Based on a true story.

Requests are welcome x
Hope you enjoy :)

***

The party was a blast. Snotlout had been spiking drinks, so Kari, who was dressed as a cat, Cami, who was dressed as a nurse and himself, dressed as the flash, were already wasted. Heather, dressed as her older brother, was bored out of her mind. Hiccup, who of course was dressed as the greatest dragon trainer in all of Berk, was playing with Toothless. He even had his prosthetic leg on show and had adapted it to match his costume.

He froze as Astrid entered

He froze as Astrid entered. Her friends all looked at her in confusion. She was wearing a deep red shirt, deep blue leggings with patches over the knees, a spiky skirt with skulls around the top and a small pouch for her phone on the side, brown boots, puffy sleeves with ties around her upper arms, silver shoulder plates and a large fluffy hood. Her hair was in the same braid as it always was with the same leather band she wore daily.

She headed towards her 'friends'

Heather hugged her tight.

"I thought you couldn't come?"

"I worked it out with my dad." She fibbed. Heather raised her eyebrow. "Fine. I bugged him until he gave in." She chuckled.

"So...What are you supposed to be?!" Tuff asked her.

"A Valkyrie." She summed up.

"Astrid, I told you not to wear red and brown. Those are my colors." Kari complained.

Astrid just shrugged. Kari scowled.

"Aww, you and Hayden have matching outfits. I might barf." Kari teased.

Astrid looked over to Hiccup. She hid her smile. Of course he came as a dragon trainer.

"Shut up, Kari!" She snarled.

"Defensive much? Seriously what is it with you and Punch Bag anyway?" Kari finally asked. Hiccup couldn't help over hearing. "We've hated him for years. You didn't want to be his partner for the exam but it's almost like... you like him." She slurred out, still tipsy. Astrid had heard enough.

"He's not a bad guy! Sure, he's a dork, but he is one of the nicest people I know." She explained. The gang laughed, all except Heather, who could see exactly how her friend felt about him.

"So you do like him?" Cami asked. Astrid looked towards said dork who was still playing with Toothless.

"Astrid, you can't be serious! Your the most popular girl in school. You can have any guy you want... Except Eric... he's mine." Kari stated. Astrid rolled her eyes. "All I'm saying is you don't have to settle. You can do so much better than him."

Astrid snapped.

"Just shut up!" Everyone froze and stared at the blonde. They hadn't been expecting that outburst.

"I'm just saying-"

"Well don't! I hate being a Queen Bee! I'm so sick of trying to please you all." Her face red with anger.

"Look around Kari... how many people are wearing the exact same costume as you?" The gang all looked around and at least twenty girls wearing the same outfit.

"All you do is copy the latest trend, just so you can claim that you did it first. You're always bossing people around and I'm done listening. You always have to have the fancy clothes and the expensive car, the most popular boys. Well guess what?!" Astrid raised her voice. Not loud enough for everyone to hear but enough to draw a little attention.

"I am my own person. I do what I wanna do. And I wear what I wanna wear. And I'll date whoever I wanna date." She looked over to Hiccup who was now watching the scene unfold. She looked back to her 'friends'. "No matter what you guys think!"

With that Astrid left. She headed towards Hiccup who flinched when he noticed the parrot on her shoulder. She chuckled at him, she raised her hand to her shoulder, allowing Stormfly to hop onto her finger.

"She's not gonna hurt you, Hiccup." She placed her into his shoulder and the bird nuzzled his cheek and he soon relaxed. Astrid whistled and Stormfly hovered above them, allowing Astrid to pull Hiccup's arms around her waist and wrap hers around Hiccup's neck. She pulled him into a kiss, their lips pulled together like magnets.

Everyone stared in shock. The Queen Bee and the Nerd. A forbidden love. A real life Romeo and Juliet.

They broke the kiss laughing as Heather cheered them on, along with Hiccups friend Justin 'Fishlegs' Ingerman.

"Toothless..." Astrid nodded at the young dog, who soon started shooing everyone away.

"So dragon master..." Astrid teased. She raised an eyebrow at him, biting her lip playfully. He sighed, rolling his eyes. He knew exactly what she was waiting for.

"Astrid Hofferson..." He paused for a moment as blue eyes locked onto green. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

"That's better." She pulled him into another kiss.

This kiss lasted until the next song change.

"Was that a yes?" He joked.

"Shut up." She chuckled.

The next kiss ended moments later and they rested their heads together.

"Astrid..." Hiccup whispered.

"Yeah?"

"I like your costume." He smiled. She giggled.

"I told you I'd look cute in this outfit."

"Try gorgeous." She playfully punched his arm.

"Dork!"

He yelped at the sudden bruise on him arm.

"Oh, so we're back to dork now?"

"Yup." She pulled his shirt and locked lips once again. "But you're my dork."

***