Chapter 2

"Hurry up before anyone spots you." Kim Taeyeon settled herself comfortably in her usual spot within her van.

"You don't need to worry-I can handle this on my own-"

"Then shut the door and leave," Taeyeon snapped, annoyance creeping into her voice. "Trouble yourself for all I care."

Baekhyun's eyes widened in surprise. She was clearly irritated. "Alright... Thanks for the offer, though. Take care," he responded, his words hesitant but sincere. Letting out a long breath, he closed the van door and watched as the vehicle drove away until it disappeared from view.

"Damn it," he muttered under his breath, his eyes shut tight in frustration. Taking a deep breath, Baekhyun tried to calm himself, his gaze scanning the surroundings as he searched for the street she had mentioned.

Meanwhile, Taeyeon found herself in a similar state. She exhaled heavily, trying to compose herself as well. "Taeyeon, what were you thinking?" she scolded herself silently.

The manager's voice broke her reverie. "Not just because he's in a tough spot means you have to play the hero. He's from SM, yes, but you have to be discreet. If someone notices or overhears, we're in trouble." The manager's tension was palpable, evident in his driving.

It took her a moment to reply, her voice barely audible. "I know," she murmured.

As the van continued down the road, the soft hum of the engine acted as a backdrop to her thoughts. Taeyeon was grappling with her impulsive decision. She couldn't fathom why she acted so out of character, extending a hand to him despite her mixed feelings. Had her animosity toward him really waned? She shook her head, not entirely sure.

Taeyeon's concern also revolved around the impending journey. The next fourteen days were bound to be a challenge. The unpredictable game between them was far from over, and uncertainty gnawed at her mind.

.

"Could I trouble you for a bottle of water, please?" Kim Taeyeon's request was polite and respectful, met with a smile and a slight bow from the flight attendant, indicating her willingness to fulfill the celebrity's request.

"Of course, you're welcome." The flight attendant acknowledged before walking away to the pantry to fetch the water.

Meanwhile, within earshot, Byun Baekhyun's manager was speaking with him, the conversation not escaping Taeyeon's notice. The hushed tones in the quiet plane made it easy to catch snippets of their conversation.

"Baekhyun, here's the jelly, macarons, and dried fruits you asked for yesterday. When did you start liking these?" His manager's voice reached Taeyeon's ears.

Seated just in front of Baekhyun, Taeyeon couldn't help but overhear their exchange. The exclusive seating arrangement in the company plane provided a sense of luxury and comfort, with individual tables and amenities not typically found in regular flights.

"Thank you, noona. You can head back to your seat now," Baekhyun replied, his attention focused on the items his manager had brought.

The managers had seats at the back of the artists, providing them with a vantage point to oversee the proceedings.

Returning with the bottle of water, the flight attendant handed it to Taeyeon, who expressed her gratitude for the excellent service. She placed the water bottle on her table after taking a sip.

As she did, a hand extended from behind, offering her favorite desserts.

"Here." The voice was instantly recognizable in the otherwise quiet atmosphere. The sound cut through the hush, drawing the attention of most present, excluding the few who remained asleep or pretended to be occupied.

Kim Taeyeon was taken aback by the unexpected offering. She froze, her gaze fixed on the plastic container of jelly, the arrangement of macarons, and the bowl of dried fruits that had materialized in front of her. Baekhyun's arm wavered slightly as he held out the treats, unsure of her reaction. Eventually, he gently set the items on her table.

"H-have some," his words carried a hint of uncertainty, an unspoken burden evident in his tone. The weight of attention from onlookers didn't make things easier.

Kim Taeyeon remained still, seemingly entranced by the array of desserts. The surprising gesture had rendered her temporarily speechless. The situation was unusual, after all - Baekhyun, offering her snacks. The stares of those around them, particularly the three other cast members of the show, added another layer of discomfort.

The flight continued for another ten hours, during which the untouched treats sat conspicuously on her table. Kim Taeyeon remained preoccupied, seeking solace in movies, phone games, lifestyle magazines, and a short nap. The snacks continued to occupy the center of attention, their untouched state contrasting with the ongoing flight.

As the flight came to an end and the rest of the crew began to gather their belongings and equipment, Kim Taeyeon's manager approached her, leading her toward the exit. She departed without so much as a glance at the treats, leaving them as though they were disposable.

Who am I kidding? Of course she wouldn't eat anything from me.

Baekhyun rose from his seat, slinging his bag over his shoulder, when his gaze landed on the items still sitting untouched on her table. His lips formed a wistful smile, the expression carrying a sense of resignation. Without another thought, he collected the snacks, placing them carefully into the same paper bag that held the other foods he assumed she enjoyed.