Chapter 14

The entire cast and production team had gathered in the spacious living room for a significant announcement from the production director. The room easily accommodated everyone present.

"We're facing a significant issue regarding the Germany schedule," the PD began, his tone serious. "Despite efforts from our team and others, it seems that the situation is beyond salvageable at this point."

"We were initially set to depart for Germany tomorrow for our upcoming series of performances. However, due to some unfortunate mishaps during the paperwork process, our designated plane won't be able to accommodate us. The aircraft is already scheduled to transport the JTBC President to North America for a business trip. Unfortunately, our timeframe and budget constraints don't allow us to arrange alternative flights for the nearly fifty people involved. Therefore, for this week, we find ourselves unexpectedly free from our obligations. Consider it an unforeseen vacation," the PD announced.

While the staff members were already aware of these developments before they had left the guesthouse earlier that day, the reactions were still primarily coming from the cast members.

"Are you suggesting that we can't perform here in the Netherlands if we can't go to Germany?" Hyunwoo inquired, raising a valid point.

Indeed, the option of extending their performances in the Netherlands for an additional week seemed plausible, potentially negating the need for a vacation altogether.

"This is another aspect that was overlooked," the PD continued, addressing the concern. "Originally, we had planned for a 8-episode series, but later discovered that our schedule was altered to accommodate another show that's set to air. This change came to light after discussions with the production director of 'Men On A Mission'. The network's show lineup is fixed and authorized by the president. Interestingly, the episodes we've already filmed are sufficient for the revised broadcast schedule. According to the vice president, we can consider this unexpected break as a week-long vacation. If any of you wish to explore Amsterdam or other places, we have a fleet of vehicles available for your use if you decide to travel separately."

Taeyeon and Baekhyun seemed to be on the same page. Man, I was so ready for a break. More than two days of rest felt like a dream.

The whole crew, including the big boss, started heading to their hotel. "I'll drop Hyunwoo a line every once in a while, just to see how things are going. If anything weird or off happens, give me a shout," he commented before heading out, looking as if he was ready for a break himself.

The cameras and all that fancy gear? Packed away. The plan was for the crew to return a day before everyone left. I mean, it'd be a major pain and a money drain to keep coming back just to check on the cast. So, in a nutshell, the cast scored a whole week off. It was like the universe telling us to kick back and relax.

Although dinner time was still a bit away, everyone seemed in no rush. They just lounged, chatting and laughing. "Is it weird that I'm sort of happy our schedule went haywire?" Jukjae remarked, a playful grin on his face.

"No kidding. It's like the universe gifted us a surprise vacay," Taeyeon responded, her laughter contagious.

Minhyuk, looking like he could use a solid nap, chimed in, "What if we just take it easy for now and think about dinner in a bit?"

Everyone seemed to be feeling that idea. The past events, unexpected and a tad chaotic, left them all kind of spent. But the silver lining? A week-long break. And that was enough to lift everyone's spirits.

While the musicians had found their way to their rooms, probably to rest or jam, Taeyeon was still making her way up, probably after quenching her thirst from the kitchen.

As she reached the top of the staircase, she froze. There, leaning against the doorway of her room, was a figure she recognized all too well. His head hung low, eyes shut, fatigue evident in every line of his face, making him appear on the edge of slumber.

Her grip on her phone slackened at the unexpected sight. What brought him here?

Clearing her throat softly, she hoped to alert him of her presence.

Roused like a drowsy student jolted awake by a sudden noise, Baekhyun looked up, suddenly alert, as he registered her standing there.

"I- I need to talk to you," he stammered, his voice thick with emotion, as though struggling to find the right words.

She found it hard to meet his gaze, a whirlwind of feelings making it difficult. She continued on into her room, but just as she was about to shut the door behind her, he intervened, stepping inside.

"What is it?" Her tone was neutral; she avoided his gaze, her attention elsewhere.

"I shouldn't have said what I did earlier," he began, referencing an incident at a bar earlier that evening.

She sighed. "I'm tired."

The air grew thick with tension, both of them trapped in memories of a past they shared. It wasn't their first brush with intimacy, but given it was a chapter they had closed, everything felt alien.

She was almost at her bed when he continued, "That song you sang earlier... 'Missing You Like Crazy'..."

"It's my song. Why wouldn't I sing it?" Her voice held a hint of impatience. She moved to get comfortable, pulling the comforter around her as a chill seemed to permeate the room.

"Every song I ever wrote was about you," he confessed, his voice low and vulnerable.

Whether it was the cold or his words, a shiver ran down her spine. Time seemed to slow, her movements becoming deliberate.

"Is that so?" Her voice was flat, devoid of emotion. Not mocking or surprised, just detached.

She turned towards the curtained window, the lights of the city beyond obscured, and hoped he'd take his leave, allowing her to find some semblance of peace.

Taking a deep breath, he said, "I understand why you might feel this way. How about this? Meet me at midnight on the balcony. If you show, I'll know there's hope for us." His voice was filled with hope and a desperate sort of courage, hanging onto the silence that followed, waiting for her response.

The silence grew deeper, each second stretching out, almost palpable in its weight. Baekhyun felt each passing moment like a tightening in his chest, each tick of the clock reinforcing the distance between them.

"I believe in us," he ventured hesitantly. "B-but if you decide otherwise, I'll respect that. This will be our last conversation. I won't cross your path again. I'll... I'll let go."

His words hung in the air, heavy with both hope and resignation. And then there was movement. Footsteps, soft yet determined, moved across the room. There was a pause, just a moment, filled with anticipation and anxiety. Then, the subtle creak of the door, followed by its gentle click as it closed. Silence pervaded the room once more.

Taeyeon stood on the other side of the door, her heart racing, her mind a whirlwind of emotions. Baekhyun's plea had stirred something deep within her. Memories of their shared past, the love they once had, and the heartbreaks they had endured. She felt a rush of emotions - anger, regret, longing, and a deep-seated fear of vulnerability.

She leaned against the door, taking deep breaths to steady herself. Midnight. The balcony. She had a decision to make. And with that looming decision, came the realization of the power she held at that moment. The future of their relationship rested in her hands.

Meanwhile, Baekhyun, with a heavy heart, made his way down the hallway. Each step echoing the uncertainty he felt. The weight of the upcoming midnight hour pressed upon him, making every moment leading up to it feel like an eternity.

Would she come? Or would their story truly end tonight? Only time would tell.