Prologue

(THIS IS PURE FICTION.)

"Hello, I'm Byun Baekhyun," the EXO main vocalist greeted the two senior artists with a mixture of politeness and a hint of nervousness as he stepped into the meeting room.

The cameras were already rolling, capturing candid moments behind the scenes of the production.

"I'm Kang Minhyuk from CNBLUE," Minhyuk introduced himself, rising from his seat with a friendly smile. Baekhyun responded with a nod and a handshake, acknowledging Minhyuk's role as the drummer of the band.

"I'm Hyunwoo," the guy in the beanie chimed in, a shy grin playing on his lips. Baekhyun recognized him as the pianist from Dickpunks.

"Oh, I'm a fan," Baekhyun added, his smile genuine as he shook hands with Hyunwoo. A bashful chuckle escaped Hyunwoo's lips, and he returned the handshake with a nod of gratitude.

With introductions complete, they took their seats, the room infused with an air of curiosity and anticipation.

The tension eased as Minhyuk's gentle voice broke the silence, drawing everyone's attention, including Hyunwoo's, to the entrance.

Turning his gaze, Baekhyun's smile gradually faded as he saw who had just walked in.

"Hello..." A melodic voice floated through the room, its presence filling the quiet space.

Reacting instinctively, Baekhyun stood up and bowed respectfully as Kim Taeyeon made her way towards them. "I'm Kim Taeyeon," she introduced herself, her aura radiating a sense of grace.

Settling into the seat next to Baekhyun, she brought a certain elegance with her that seemed to subtly change the atmosphere. Baekhyun felt a warm flush creep up his cheeks, and he discreetly fanned his hand to cool down.

"I'm Minhyuk from CNBLUE," Minhyuk introduced himself, extending his hand for a handshake, which Taeyeon gracefully accepted.

"I'm Hyunwoo," the pianist introduced himself, shaking hands with Taeyeon and offering a friendly smile.

Baekhyun's thoughts raced. 

Should he introduce himself? 

His eyes briefly flicked to Taeyeon's outstretched hand, noticing a shift in her expression from casual politeness to something more contemplative.

It seemed she recognized him – Byun Baekhyun, her ex-boyfriend. The unspoken history between them hung palpably in the air, a reminder of the past they had shared.

Her sweet scent wafted just a few centimeters away from him, a familiar fragrance that hadn't changed over time – still as captivating and intoxicating as he remembered.

The room fell into a contemplative silence until Jukjae, the final member of the group, entered the meeting room, completing the ensemble. Baekhyun's initial uncertainty about the project had led him to accept it, oblivious to the possibility that Taeyeon could also be cast.

A month ahead, they were set to embark on a journey to Amsterdam, for a series of busking performances. The plan was to spend fourteen days in the picturesque city, performing at a different location each day.

As the Production Director outlined the details, everyone nodded in agreement. However, for Baekhyun, the proximity to Taeyeon was unnerving, a constant reminder of their shared history. Though he was physically present, his mind drifted, his attention occasionally drawn to her as she sat beside him.

He found himself stealing glances at her, his gaze drifting to her from time to time while the Production Director continued to speak. It was a subtle and involuntary action, one he couldn't entirely control. As the meeting progressed, Baekhyun shook his head lightly, as if trying to clear his thoughts and regain his focus.