Chapter 12

The audience, predominantly composed of Baekhyun's fervent fans, eagerly awaited his introduction. Shouts of his name reverberated through the crowd, and some wore EXO merchandise, signifying their loyalty to the beloved idol. In light of this, it was decided that Baekhyun would take the lead in the introduction this time.

A diligent Korean-American staff member had prepared a script for him, which Baekhyun reviewed briefly before taking the spot.

The fans gathered here seemed different from the more zealous and aggressive ones Baekhyun was accustomed to encountering. These appeared to be more laid-back, though their enthusiastic cries of his name made it clear that they were here in full support.

As Baekhyun began to speak, the first word that left his lips prompted a noticeable stir in the crowd. Those unfamiliar with the performers present wondered at the fervor of the response and just how renowned these artists were in their home country.

"Hi—" Baekhyun's casual, slang-inflected English immediately endeared him to the audience, who responded with appreciative cheers.

He continued with his introduction, informing the crowd, "We are here to perform in front of you guys. We are individual singers and musicians from South Korea, but we've come together to create a fantastic performance for you." His words, though straightforward, elicited enthusiastic applause.

Baekhyun's charm shone through as he engaged with the crowd. "Actually, it's our last day here in the Netherlands," he revealed, a fact that was met with a mixture of cheers and sighs of disappointment. "Yes... And I can see that most of you seem to know us. Hello!" Baekhyun playfully waved to different sections of the audience. "We're here to sing as singers and play as musicians. Nothing more, alright? I hope you guys will enjoy our performance, and let's all keep the positive vibes going."

Unbeknownst to Taeyeon, her suggestion to encourage good behavior had already been incorporated into the script. The staff, aware of the potential challenges posed by such a large gathering of fans, had crafted Baekhyun's words with care, aiming to ensure a smooth and enjoyable performance for everyone involved.

Following the PD's instructions, the cast began introducing themselves individually. Taeyeon, feeling the weight of the audience's attention on her, managed a simple greeting and her name. The crowd's enthusiastic response was a sigh of relief for her, allowing her to finally breathe easy.

With introductions complete, Baekhyun took the spotlight once again, ready to kick off the musical performance. His next words, carefully chosen, carried more meaning than they let on. "The first song will be sung by me, Byun Baekhyun. A song by Bruno Mars, 'Too Good To Say Goodbye.' I hope you'll feel the song."

Though his gaze appeared to sweep across the audience, it was subtly evident that his words were directed at a specific individual. Baekhyun's intent was clear to him, even if it remained veiled from the majority of the onlookers.

As he signaled to Hyunwoo to begin, the first notes of the chosen song filled the air, setting the stage for a heartfelt and poignant performance that would resonate with both the cast and the fans who had gathered to support them.

I've made mistakes
I could have treated you better
I let you get away
There goes my happily ever after

Tell me why, why can't we try and start again?
This can't be how our story ends
You're more than my girl, you're my best friend
Tell me you remember when
Oooh, I was your man and you were my girl
It was you and me against the world

Listening to the familiar melody and absorbing the lyrics of the song, Kim Taeyeon found herself drawn into the emotional current of the performance. Bruno Mars's song choice struck a chord with her, resonating deeply within her heart. As the music and Baekhyun's vocals enveloped her, she experienced a whirlwind of emotions, her heart undergoing a rollercoaster ride of feelings.