Chapter 10

As the month of August brought an unexpected heatwave to the normally temperate Netherlands, the weather decided to counteract the unusual warmth with a heavy downpour. The rain fell relentlessly, drenching the streets and causing concern for the planned busking event. The cast awoke to a gray and wet morning, the initial excitement dampened by the uncooperative weather.

Amidst the rain-soaked atmosphere, the decision was made to postpone their third day of busking. The uncertainty of whether the rain would stop later in the day or continue further prompted the Media Company's CEO, who received a call from Korea, to prioritize safety and reschedule the performance. The unexpected break allowed the cast to relax and rejuvenate, taking a pause from their rigorous schedule.

The group of public figures gathered to have breakfast, an activity that Byun Baekhyun had taken upon himself to prepare. From washing the dishes to arranging the equipment, he seemed to be engaging in any task he could find. The morning commenced with a sense of unity and shared camaraderie. Minhyuk took charge of setting the table, creating an atmosphere of warmth and togetherness despite the gloomy weather outside.

However, as they settled around the table, it became apparent that someone was missing. Taeyeon's absence was noticed, and the group exchanged glances and comments about her whereabouts.

"Seems like Taeyeon had a good rest," Hyunwoo observed, his gaze wandering to the staircase in the hope of seeing her descending, though she remained absent.

"Should we wait for her before eating?" Jukjae suggested, echoing the sentiment of the group. The idea of breakfast without the complete cast felt incomplete, and there was an unspoken consensus to give her some more time. The rain may have disrupted their plans, but it also provided an opportunity for these moments of shared connection and quiet companionship.

On the other hand, Baekhyun felt trapped in a situation where he couldn't act too freely due to the watchful eyes of the cameras and the crew around them. Every move he made, every word he spoke, was under the scrutiny of these high-tech devices.

As Kang Minhyuk considered checking on Taeyeon, the anticipation of her arrival grew. Just as the thought of sending someone to see her was about to materialize, the sound of footsteps echoed from upstairs, signaling her approach.

Taeyeon entered the room, her appearance reflecting a well-rested state. Her smile illuminated the room as she greeted everyone, seemingly unaware of the momentary anticipation her presence had stirred.

Hyunwoo's thoughtful gesture broke the silence as he stood and offered her a seat beside Jukjae, opposite Baekhyun. Taeyeon thanked him before apologizing for oversleeping, the casual exchange bringing a hint of normalcy to the atmosphere.

Baekhyun, however, found himself involuntarily breaking that sense of normalcy as his concern slipped out. "Are you feeling better?" His question hung in the air, a momentary lapse that exposed the undercurrent of emotions beneath the surface.

The room seemed to hold its breath, tension mounting until Baekhyun, realizing the awkwardness of the situation, attempted to ease it by suggesting they start eating. The clinking of cutlery and the movement of chairs brought back a semblance of normalcy, allowing everyone to focus on their breakfast.

Baekhyun took a quiet sigh of relief, grateful for the respite from the charged atmosphere he had unintentionally created. He welcomed the distraction of his own waffles, diving into his plate with the intention of focusing solely on his food.

The tension was further dissolved when Taeyeon voiced her appreciation for the meal. Her genuine compliment resonated around the table, drawing nods and smiles from those around her.