Chapter 3

"Ahh, so we're going to be staying in an actual house? Not a hotel or something?" Kim Taeyeon directed her question toward Hyun Woo, the eldest member of the group, inquiring about the details discussed by the staff earlier.

"Yes, that's what I heard," responded the pianist as he adjusted the strap of his backpack, choosing to stand after spending most of the day seated on the plane. Jukjae and Minhyuk, two other cast members, also stood with him. Meanwhile, Taeyeon remained seated on a row of benches, adhering to the gentlemen's insistence, while the main vocalist of EXO was conspicuously absent.

Observing his absence, Taeyeon pondered his whereabouts. She searched for any clues, noting that even his manager was absent. Amid the buzz of airport activity, the cast members and their managers were among the few waiting. A quarter of the show's staff had accompanied them, while the remaining three-quarters had already reached their designated destination.

Interrupting her thoughts, Taeyeon's attention was drawn to a familiar figure approaching. He carried something in both hands, accompanied by his manager.

"I bought some ice cream. I wasn't sure what flavors you like, so I chose the best sellers," he stated, placing five medium-sized cups adorned with the logo of Taeyeon's favorite ice cream brand, 'Baskin Robbins,' on the space next to her seat. Uncomfortableness washed over Taeyeon once more.

The other cast members proceeded to select their preferred flavors. Baekhyun breathed a sigh of relief when only two cups were claimed. The remaining choices were cinnamon toast and mint Oreo, and while Taeyeon hadn't made her selection, Baekhyun was grateful that no one picked the green-hued ice cream, which he intended for her. He picked the cinnamon toast flavor and pushed the second cup gently in her direction, gesturing toward it, even though she wasn't looking at him.

After Baekhyun's small act of generosity, his fellow cast members expressed their gratitude as they indulged in the ice cream he had brought. Even the managers received a cup from Baekhyun's manager.

Observing the situation, Taeyeon's manager approached her and offered a choco hazelnut-flavored ice cream in exchange for her mint Oreo cup. However, Taeyeon hesitated initially, feeling the weight of the collective gaze from Hyunwoo, Minhyuk, and Jukjae. It seemed they were waiting for her to accept the gesture, and that influenced her decision.

With a sigh, Taeyeon finally agreed, "I haven't eaten ice cream in a long time, so I suppose I can have a taste." She took the offered cup and tried a spoonful, savoring the familiar flavor.

For Baekhyun, witnessing her eating the ice cream he'd given her brought a small smile to his face. Yet, that contentment was short-lived when she returned the cup to its spot and immersed herself in her phone, seemingly distracted.

As the production director approached, announcing their departure to the house they would be staying at, Taeyeon stood up and collected her belongings, leaving the ice cream cup behind. Baekhyun discreetly retrieved the cup, this time with the intention of disposing of it, since there was no point in keeping it as it would melt.

The journey to the house was to be recorded for the show, with the production team planning to include the footage in the broadcast. Despite any discomfort, the cast members understood that they needed to comply for the sake of the program.

While the managers traveled in a separate van, the cast members piled into another. With no hired driver, one of the members would have to drive. Dickpunks' Hyunwoo, being the eldest, volunteered to take the wheel, stating that he would follow the GPS.

"I hope it's as easy to find as you say," Jukjae commented, chuckling. Minhyuk and Baekhyun joined in the laughter, and even Taeyeon offered a smile before her gaze fell on Baekhyun, whose smile mirrored hers, albeit with an underlying tension.

Jukjae occupied the passenger seat, while the other three cast members squeezed into the backseat, with Minhyuk choosing to sit between the former couple. As the van traveled through Amsterdam, the city's unique architecture and historic buildings caught Taeyeon's attention, leading her to spontaneously express her awe at the sights. Minhyuk, who sat next to her, agreed in a simple manner, trying to engage in the conversation without making things awkward for their dynamic.

During the drive to the guesthouse, the cast members realized it would take approximately three hours. As the scenery transitioned from the cityscape to dark trees, Taeyeon noticed their reflections on the window. Her attention was drawn to Baekhyun, who seemed to be having trouble getting comfortable and unintentionally bumping his head against the window as he attempted to sleep. Concerned about him hurting himself, she sighed and glanced at the small pillow in her hands that her manager had given her for comfort.

Deciding not to sleep herself, Taeyeon typed a message on her phone and showed it to Minhyuk. The message read, "Please give it to him."

Minhyuk, though slightly confused, took the pillow from Taeyeon and approached Baekhyun. "Baekhyun, use this," he said, handing him the pillow with a sense of unease. As an insider to their situation, Minhyuk understood the complexity of their interactions and felt unsure about how to navigate it.

Baekhyun, struggling to stay awake due to his lack of sleep on the plane, barely registered Minhyuk's words. He thanked him for the pillow, his consciousness fading quickly. Only as he started to drift off did he recognize the pillow that had been handed to him, moments before slipping into sleep.