Chapter 8- If only he were here

Jin sat down as he healed himself. The Manticore's poison caused him a lot of pain, but with his healing powers, he could draw it out. Hoseok's blabbering about Greek myths had proven to be useful after all.

It isn't fair, he thought, Being pulled out of my life like this. He understood he had to save the world and all, but at least he should get to say goodbye to his family and friends. He almost died a few minutes ago, and the real thing hadn't even started.

They would worry about me, Jin thought. Suddenly he realised that with him gone, who would cook for Taehyung, Jimin and their mother? They would think he disappeared, just like-

A wild thought hit him.

"What if-" Jin stopped himself. He didn't want to get his hopes up, only to have them crushed again.

Jin closed his eyes. Although it had been five years, he remembered that day as if it were yesterday.

Fifteen-year-old Jin walked out of the house, followed by Jimin and Taehyung. It was the first day of school after their parents' marriage, and they had to keep it a secret.

They walked towards Yoongi's house, since the friends always went to school together. Jin rang the doorbell. Mrs. Min opened the door.

"Yoongi already left for school," she said.

Strange, Jin thought. But he didn't question it. Yoongi had strange habits.

Later in the day, he was giving a geography test when Mrs. Kim came into the class.

"Mrs. Choi," she said, "Can I please borrow Seokjin for a moment? They're calling him to the principal's office."

"Principal's office?" "Why?" Jin could hear his classmates murmuring.

"Yes, sure," Mrs. Choi replied.

"Step-mother, what happened?" Jin asked as they were walking down the corridor.

"Seokjin, I have told you not to call me step-mother, you can call me mom."

"And I have told you to call me Jin, not Seokjin. Also, you didn't answer my question."

"Fine, Jin. As for your question, they will answer it when we reach the principal's office.

When they reached the principal's office, Jin saw that Taehyung, Jimin, Namjoon, Hoseok and Jungkook were also there, along with all of their parents.

"Great, you're here, Mr. Kim," the principal said. "Your friend, Min Yoongi, is missing."

All the boys took a moment to process the news.

"Yoongi's missing?" Jimin asked, his voice full of disbelief "What if he's just bunking school?"

"Oh, no sweetie," Mrs. Min said. Jin noticed she was trying very hard to hold back her tears. "I checked his room and his bag was still there. It's almost as if he disappeared."

"Have you informed the police?" Mrs. Kim asked.

"Yes," Mrs. Min nodded. "But Seoul is such a big city, I'm afraid they won't be able to find him," saying this, she burst into tears. Mrs. Kim hugged her. Her expression was one of pain. She cared for all of them deeply.

A year later, the police had given up the search. Saying Yoongi was probably dead.

Jin's eyes welled up with tears. If only Yoongi were here now, he thought, he would know what to do.

A/N: Happy Hobi day to y'all! This chapter is my gift to you. Enjoy!💜💜💜 

 Enjoy!💜💜💜