Chapter 29- Tenebris

A/N- One-year anniversary update! Teehee 😁

Not one person on board the Inez was a morning person. But if you were about to cross a portal to the magical realm which chose you to save the world, sleeping in was not a luxury you could afford.

So, the Rarae Aves found themselves standing on the deck, gazing at the waterfall in front of them with wonder.

Taehyung yawned as he slid his arms around Jungkook's waist. The two had been inseparable for the days that followed the incident in Rome, Taehyung having developed a phobia of being left alone, along with one of darkness. Jungkook had been nothing but understanding, doing his best to make sure his boyfriend was comfortable, and for that Taehyung was grateful.

He told everyone about the Ghost-girl, which resulted in Yoongi opening up to them about Leah. No one was sure whether they were the same person. Yes, Leah knew Yoongi, but she couldn't teleport, or turn invisible, or bring down an entire wall. So they didn't fuss over it much.

"How do you think it will be?" Taehyung asked Jungkook, the younger looking at him with a questioning look.

"Tenebris," Taehyung clarified, "how do you think it will be?"

"I have no idea. I don't know what to expect." Jungkook said, resting his head on Taehyung's shoulder.

Taehyung hummed in agreement, running his hand through his boyfriend's hair.

What could you expect from the people who pulled you out of your life like that?

All Taehyung had ever wanted was a normal life, which was not possible with his father being a politician. The press barely left the man alone, and sometimes, this affected his sons as well.

Things only got worse when his mother died. Taehyung was six at the time and Jin nine. Their father could not take care of them, which resulted in him remarrying. He didn't want his children growing up without a mother.

Taehyung's first step-mother was Lee Chaerin. She did her best to take care of them, but children weren't everyone's cup of tea. Eventually, she had to leave. It was a shame, because they really liked her.

But not everyone was nice like Chaerin. Most were there only for the money. Jimin's mother was their sixth step-mother. She offered to take care of them after Jimin told her about Taehyung's complaints about his many step-mothers. The marriage was a secret, which was a downside, but better than nothing. He'd just started getting used to it when this happened.

Looks like he'll never get that normal life he wished for.

A searing ache in his head interrupted his thoughts.

"Ah!" he cried out in pain, holding his head in his hands and closing his eyes.

"Tae? What's wrong?" he heard Jungkook say.

"Hurts." Taehyung could barely get a word out.

He heard Jin's voice. "Maybe I can help." He felt two palms on his temples. They grew warm, but did little to curb his headache.

The pain was excruciating, and it wasn't long before Taehyung passed out.

━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

Jungkook caught Taehyung as he collapsed onto him. "What happened to him?"

Jin shook his head. "I have no idea."

They kept Taehyung in his room, where Jungkook stayed with him, holding his hand.

He let out a dry chuckle. "You know, I knew this would not be easy, but I didn't know it was going to be so hard.

"We haven't even reached the realms yet, and I feel like I've already reached my breaking point. I don't know what to do, Tae." His voice cracked.

"I just want to go home."

Jungkook didn't bother to wipe the tears coming from his eyes.

"I may sound paranoid, but I'm scared, Tae. I already lost you once. I can't lose you again. I need you. We all need you. So please, wake up Taehyungie, wake up."

He climbed on the bed and kissed Taehyung's forehead before cuddling and falling asleep with him.

It wasn't long after that when they reached Tenebris, unaware of the surprise waiting for them.

Hoseok let Inez down in a barren field. Yoongi was assisting him, so Jungkook, Jimin, Namjoon and Jin were just standing on the deck, not sure what to do. Seconds after they landed, a group of soldiers appeared, two people standing at the front.

Startled, the four of them went into a defensive stance. But before they could do anything, a voice came from the troop in front of them.

"Fear not! This is the royal army of Tenebris, accompanied by the Commander and the King themselves, to welcome the Rarae Aves. Identify yourselves!"

Jungkook was at a loss, not knowing what to say. So were the others. The King of Tenebris himself was here to greet them. Fortunately for them, Yoongi had somehow expected this.

"Min Yoongi!" he shouted, his voice loud and clear.

Namjoon followed his example, followed by Hoseok, Jungkook, Jin, and finally, Jimin.

"Park Jimin!"

There was a silence. Suddenly, a man appeared on the deck, startling all six of them.

"Jimin? Seokjin? Is it really you boys? It's been so long since I've seen you!"

To say Jungkook was confused was an understatement. He, Namjoon, Hoseok and Yoongi were in a state of utter bewilderment, while Jimin and Jin stared at the man with disbelief written all over their faces.

"Uncle Taeyong?" Jimin's voice was wavering. "How-"

"Taeyong! You need to stop doing that!"

The boys whipped their heads towards the voice. Someone else was on the deck now. Someone who Jungkook recognised from long ago. Jimin's maternal uncle. Jungkook had only seen him once or twice, since he was barely around. Now they knew why. He was the king of a whole damn realm. The other man must be his husband.

"Uncle Jaehyun!" Jimin literally zoomed past them all to hug his uncle. Jungkook couldn't help but notice that Jimin was crying.

He saw Taeyong smile softly and join the hug, stroking Jimin's hair. "You can let it out now, Jimin. You've been through a lot. More than you deserve to." he looked up at them all. "You all have."

Jaehyun looked at Jin with a quizzical look. "Taehyung?" he asked softly?

"Inside," Jin mouthed.

Jaehyun nodded and kissed Jimin's head softly. They were obviously very close.

"It's alright." Both uncles said to their crying nephew.

A/N- ONE YEAR?!?!? ONE YEAR?!? WTF?!? HOW EVEN-? 

Thank you for showing me so much support my dear Celestials. I am back, and hopefully, back for good.

With an arc of the story coming to an end, I've started switching between POVs in the chapter. 

(YES IT'S TAEYONG AND JAEHYUN FROM NCT!!! FIGHT MEEEEE!!!!!!)

❤❤❤❤❤