Chapter 16- A carrot?

Yoongi sat on the bed in Leah's room. He hadn't entered this room for two years now. It brought back memories.

Yoongi wanted to forget about her. It only brought pain. What use was remembering her, if she wasn't here anymore?

He remembered everything about Leah. Even the first time they met:

Yoongi panted as he ran from the monster that was chasing him.

According to the man who had given him the directions, the safe-house wouldn't be far away.

Yoongi stopped when he heard the monster catch up to him. He turned.

The monster looked like a normal human, except it had only one eye.

"Why...is it...so...hard...to kill you?" it asked.

"Is it? I'll do you a favor and end your suffering." Yoongi turned invisible and stood right behind the monster.

"Gotcha," he said, as he snapped its neck.

Yoongi felt no guilt when he killed a monster. It was there in the beginning, but it had faded away. Guess it was hard to feel bad for something that wanted to kill you.

He took the next turn and saw an abandoned mansion. He guessed it was the safe-house, and if it wasn't, whoever it belonged to would give him free lodging for the night.

Yoongi opened the gate and went inside. Unlike its exterior, the mansion was spotless on the inside.

He walked around the mansion, assuming no one inhabited it. So, one could only imagine how shocked he felt when he heard a scream which was followed by a 'thud'.

More screams followed, and Yoongi ran in their direction. It sounded like a young girl.

Yoongi entered what seemed like the kitchen and didn't see anyone at first.

Another scream, and Yoongi saw her.

In a corner of the kitchen, curled up as if she was playing hide and seek, was a girl, not over twelve. Her hands were on her ears, as if she was trying to block out a sound, and she was crying.

"Stop it," she pleaded. But she wasn't talking to Yoongi. She hadn't even registered his arrival.

"No! Don't!" Another scream. 

"Please, don't hurt her." The girl was sobbing now. Was she... hallucinating?

Yoongi went towards her and crouched down.

"Hey kid," he said, holding out his hand. "Maybe, I can help."

The girl hesitated.

"I won't hurt you," Yoongi promised.

The girl still looked hesitant, but she took his hand.

They sat on the table, the girl hugging her knees.

"What's your name?" Yoongi asked.

"Leah." Yoongi barely heard her.

"Nice to meet you, Leah. I'm Yoongi."

They shook hands. Leah looked doubtful about trusting him.

"How old are you?"

"Twelve." Twelve. She was just two years younger than him.

"How long have you been living over here?"

"Two years."

"Does anyone else live with you?"

Leah shook her head.

Yoongi asked what was pressing his mind.

"Are you one of the Rarae Aves?"

He assumed the answer was 'no'. After all, if she had been living here for two years, she must have been only ten when she arrived. But to his surprise, she nodded.

"Really? I'm one too."

Leah's eyes widened.

"What's your power?" she asked, this being the first time she asked something.

"Ladies first."

She smirked and picked up a carrot that was on the table.

"What's this?" she asked him, as if she was a primary school teacher, and Yoongi was her student.

"A carrot?" Yoongi replied, puzzled.

"Now watch this." She threw the carrot towards a cabinet, except, before she released it, the carrot turned into a knife.

Yoongi stared at the knife which stuck to the cabinet.

"I can turn anything I touch into any weapon I want, as long as I know it well. Knives are the easiest. Something more complicated, like a gun, is much more difficult." said Leah

"Wow."

"I know, right? It's pretty useful. Now, what's yours?"

"This." Yoongi turned invisible, and Leah's eyes widened. She looked around, as if searching for him. He turned visible again.

"Woah. That is so cool."

"I know."

Yoongi didn't realise he was crying. He missed Leah. A lot.

"Yoongi?" Jin came into the room. "Thank goodness. I've been-" He stopped when he saw Yoongi crying.

"Were you... thinking about her?"

Yoongi nodded.

Jin hugged him.

"Are you alright?"

Yoongi shook his head and buried his face in Jin's chest.

It felt good to have his best friend back. Jin was always comforting others. But there was nothing he could do to erase the pain in Yoongi's heart.

He thought he was over it, but he wasn't. Yoongi cared about Leah, maybe more than he should, and it hurt him. She was gone.

He was numb. He had blocked away all thoughts about her for the past two years. But revisiting this room? Everything came flooding back. How they met. How he lost her. He didn't want to feel that pain anymore.

Yoongi was going to kill himself when Namjoon came to the Mansion. The return of his friends into his life changed it. It gave him hope, and something to live for. But not even his friends could fill the gaping hole in his heart, or wipe his tears. For they belonged to one person. And that was Leah Walker.

A/N- Hi guys. I'm so sorry I didn't update earlier. 

Anyways, we all can agree that the Grammy's are a stupid piece of shit and do not determine our boys' success. We'll show them army. Stream Dynamite until it reaches 1 billion views. Let's get it! 💜💜💜