Chapter 19- ENOUGH!

Jungkook walked into the dining room and saw the familiar sight of Jin and Jimin arguing.

"What was it this time?" he asked as he slid into the empty spot beside Taehyung.

"A spoon."

"Wow. The reasons get stupider every time."

Yoongi looked at Jin and Jimin in total bewilderment. "Why do they fight so much?"

"Nobody knows," Jungkook lied through his teeth. It was hard keeping the three brothers' secret. Sometimes the others came close to figuring out, and he would panic.

"Hey, Jungkook, I need to tell you something." Taehyung lowered his voice so no one would hear him. "Last night, we were fighting a giant pig, and I fell overboard."

"Oh my god! Are you alright? Did you get hurt?"

"I'm fine Jungkook, but that's the thing. That fall should have killed me. Instead, while falling, I felt someone grab me."

"Grab you? Who was it?"

"I don't know. She was invisible, but she spoke to me."

"What'd she say?"

"Tell him I am still looking out for him, and his friends."

"You mean she knows one of us? Who?"

"I don't know."

"She sounds creepy, like a ghost."

The argument going on beside them took a heated turn.

"Why do you hate me so much?" Jin asked as he stood up. "I only want to be a good brother to you, but you make it impossible!"

"Stop saying that!" Jimin shouted, standing up as well. "Stop saying you are my brother! You are not my brother!"

"ENOUGH!" The entire room went silent at Taehyung's voice. "Five years! For five years, I've been tolerating this. Do you have any idea how hard it is to have two brothers who constantly fight each other? Do you even think about what I have to go through? You both are my brothers, and I love you very much. So why do you have to make it so damn difficult?"

"Tae, calm down." Jungkook gripped Taehyung's hand softly, but he brushed it off.

"And Jimin," Taehyung's voice had taken a very dangerous tone now. "If Jin is not your brother, neither am I." Saying this, he strode out of the room.

Jimin's eyes widened. "Taehyung, wait! No!" He followed him.

Jin looked at the rest of them, muttered something under his breath, and left.

Jungkook sighed as he looked at his plate. The lamb skewers didn't look so appetizing now.

He looked up when he felt the others' gazes. "What?"

"Cut the pretext," said Yoongi, "You obviously knew what was happening right now."

"I don't think I should-"

"Tell us." This time, it was Namjoon who was demanding answers.

Jungkook sighed dejectedly. "Alright. Jimin's mom married Jin and Taehyung's dad."

"Is that why they fight so much?"

"I don't really know, but I think so."

"When did you find out?" asked Hoseok.

"A few months after I started dating Tae. I should go check on him." Jungkook left before anyone could ask him any more questions.

"Taehyung, please open the door!" Jungkook saw Jimin crying outside his and Taehyung's room. He assumed Taehyung had locked the door and knocked on it.

"Tae, it's me, Jungkook."

Taehyung opened the door.

"Taehyung!" cried Jimin, "Thank goodness! I'm so- Wait, why are you carrying your stuff?"

Indeed, Taehyung was holding all his things. His eyes met Jungkook's.

"He's switching rooms," Jungkook said quietly

Jimin's eyes widened. "No. Taehyung, please!"

Taehyung wordlessly walked to Jungkook's room and locked the door.

"Taehyung, no!" Jimin pounded on the door. "Please, I'm sorry." The last one came out as a weak cry. He sat down on the floor, tears gushing down his cheeks.

Jungkook knelt beside him and patted his back. "Shh, it will be alright. Taehyung needs some space right now. Let's go to your room and talk, shall we?" His voice had the slightest hint of a melody. Jimin could be stubborn, especially with Taehyung.

Jimin nodded numbly and let Jungkook help him stand up and guide him to his room. He sat on his bed and put his head in his knees. "He hates me, Jungkook," he said, "Taehyung hates me."

"He doesn't hate you, he's just angry. He loves you both, and it hurt him, seeing the two of you like this.

And I know that despite all these fights, you love Jin too. You look up to him, and he's an older brother to you, just as much as he is to Taehyung."

Jimin looked up. "How did you-" he left the question hanging in the air.

Jungkook chuckled. "You're my best friend, Jimin. I know stuff about you." He sighed. "We never understood why you acted like this. It drove Jin mad, you know? He thought he wasn't being a good brother to you."

"He was," Jimin said weakly. "He was the best brother I could wish for. I was just too jealous to acknowledge it."

Jungkook smiled. So Jimin envied Jin. He couldn't figure why, but this was a start.

"Jealous, huh? Why?"

"He was so good-natured and helpful when we first came into the family, my mom kept singing his praises. I got jealous. I didn't realise until now how horrible I was to him. And Taehyung. Oh, Taehyung! I never thought of how my actions were affecting him. I'm a horrible brother, aren't I? No wonder Taehyung is mad at me."

"You're not a horrible brother, just confused. But you did hurt them both, a lot."

"What should I do?"

"I think you already know what you have to do, Jimin."

Jimin looked at him with wide eyes. "Jungkook, I- no. I was horrible to him all this time, I can't just-" he waved his hand referring to what Jungkook had indirectly told him to do.

Jungkook smiled sadly. "Hey, I'm not telling you to do it right away. Take as much time as you need." He stood up. "Just remember, Taehyung won't talk to you until you have done this." Saying this, he walked out of the room.