Chapter 4

Narrators POV:

The (h/c) stood in front of the mirror, her (e/c) eyes wandered over each and every little mistake on her body with so much hate in them it's barely even possible.

Cuts, scars, stretch marks, pimples and bruises covered her form.
At times like this when she catches a glimpse of herself it's hard not to wish.
Wish for something to be better, for something to happen.

“ I'll pinch my skin in between my two fingers and wish I could cut some parts of with some scissors” she sang along as she started drying off her body while being consumed by her own self-hate.

After getting ready for yet another hopeless day she started gathering her courage.

'I have to know' she thought to herself as the cursor hovered over the email icon.
Shutting her (e/c) orbs (Y/N) proceeded on clicking on it.

She slowly opened an eye up and scanned over the screen.
Her heart skipped a beat and her breath hitched as she noticed one.
It's from one of the schools...

'Well let's get ready for rejection' she thought pessimistically opening the email.

𝙳𝚎𝚊𝚛 (𝚈/𝙽) (𝙼/𝙽) (𝙻/𝙽),
𝚆𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚋𝚢 𝚒𝚗𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚖 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚕𝚒𝚌𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚗𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚖𝚊𝚓𝚘𝚛 (𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚗 2021 𝚜𝚎𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 1) 𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚊𝚌𝚌𝚎𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚍.

𝚆𝚎𝚕𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 Serin 𝚄𝚗𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚒𝚝𝚢
𝚂𝚎𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛.

𝚂𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚕𝚢:

𝙴𝚕𝚒𝚣𝚊𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚑 𝚆𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚊𝚖𝚜
         𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚙𝚊𝚕

Her eyes remained wide as she read the short email again and again.
'This must be a joke' she thought to herself as she checked the senders address.

'But... it is the correct one...'

'Wait... Did I just?...'

“Oh my fucking god... I GOT ACCEPTED!” She screamed out into the silent, empty space of her room.

A joyful smile stretched across her face as she decided to celebrate it.
'Hmm... Alright... Let's go to the store and get some pistachio and lemon cake'.

While, walking to the shop the young woman kept the smile on her face. A bounce in her steps accompanied by her humming proved even further that she's happy.

The shop just like Café Hummingbird wasn't exactly what you would call modern. But she didn't mind it, she actually liked little shops like this.
Sure, these had less sales, and were producing the goods slower than their high tech competitors but at least these still had a homey and welcoming feeling that the aforementioned manufacturers lacked.

The (h/c) pushed the creaky door open and greeted the middle-aged woman behind the counter.

Coffin Cakes is one of those places that still happen to have a lot of costumers even though the buildings condition wasn't all too great.

The reason why the (h/c) and so many others loved this place was their pastries. 

After the passing of Eliot, the previous chef everyone thought they'll soon go bankrupt and close up forever.