{12} 𝙰𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚕 𝚘𝚏 𝙳𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑 {12}

"I'm sorry, WHAT?" Phil asked, looking at Kristin incredulously.

"Just...let me explain, please?" Kristin begged, making Phil nod hesitantly. She sighed.

"Several thousand years ago, I was a mortal when I fell in love with this man. He was charming and handsome and I trusted him."

"Wow, how reassuring..." Phil mumbled, earning a glare from the woman.

"Well, when we shared a kiss, I felt my life slipping away, and he gave me a choice. Either we trade spots, I live forever and he dies, or I die. Naturally, I chose to live forever, but I didn't realize that I was cursed to become the Angel of Death.

"One hundred years ago, I was told that if I gain an angel's essence, I could live like a mortal again, and make that angel take my role, which is where you come in, Phil.

"I felt your essence once you entered that store, so, I went looking for you. Once I found you, I immediately wanted to gain your trust in order to spread my curse onto you.

"But after that date, I just...I couldn't bring myself to separate you from your boys. And, I would be lying if I said that I didn't fall for you after that night...

"But I knew that we could truly never be together, either. Not the way we currently are, anyway."

"Which is where I come in," Timothy said. "If you'll allow it, I can take Kristin's role as Death. Then, the two of you can be together."

"You'd do that?" Phil asked, earning a nod from the angel. "I...thank you."

"So...you don't hate me?" Kristin asked.

"Are you trying to kill me?" Kristin shook her head. "Then no."

Kristin laughed, tearing up as she hugged Phil tightly.

"Thank you."

~<•>~

297 words