{18} 𝕄𝕖𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕤 {18}

The two men walked for seemingly hours as they walked from the ruins to civilization in a freezing climate.

Techno immediately saw an unfamiliar-looking man. He had brown hair and wore a...was that a fucking Sonic hoodie!? Does Sonic even exist in this world!?

As they got closer to the blue and white walls, he caught some of the one-sided conversations.

"Maybe this will get the kid in a happier mood. What d'ya think?" He said to a small device on his wrist, which looked like one of those fancy Apple watches.

"Hey, Connor!" Dream called, earning the man's attention. "What'cha doin'?"

The man, Connor, looked at Dream irritability. "Fuck off, you know you're not welcome here after what you did."

Dream put his hands up in surrender. "Woah, woah, calm down, Connor! I was just talking to Techno here. I'm just leaving."

And with that, Dream left, giving Techno a look beforehand.

~<•>~

He couldn't deny it, the Antarctic Region was strangely beautiful.

It wasn't a large civilization, with only four current villagers and the wall only guarding enough land for a small town, but it was comfortable.

On the mountain rested Connor's house, which was a quaint little abode that was more of a box than a house.

In the center was his own house, a quaint little cottage that brought back several odd memories just by walking through the door.

The primary one is someone, who he recognized as Tommy based on the appearance of the person compared to his brother, continuously eating a yellow apple and annoying the fuck out of him.

Anyway, a few feet away from his house, tucked away under an odd covering of the mountain, sat Ranboo's house, as he learned (Connor gave him an odd look when he asked, but he didn't say anything). It was a bit more modern, but it was still small and quaint.

Connected to his own house was Phil's, which was connected via a quaint little bridge. Phil's house seemed to be in the same style as his own, albeit a bit larger in size.

Beside Phil's house was a large dog house, well, a dog pen is more accurate, as it was an open pen with a roof over it, holding at least a hundred dogs inside.

And, in the farthest corner, sat a small graveyard, holding small gravestones for lost pets, including an odd gravestone named Technochan that seemed to bring him an odd sense of happiness for some odd reason, and three large gravestones, or memorials, for his fallen brothers.

~<•>~

That night, Techno stood over the graves, reading each and every one.

Here lies Wilbur Soot
9/14/1996—11/16/2020
Leader of L'manburg
Son of Philza Minecraft
Father of Fundy
Stabbed to death by Philza after destroying L'manburg

Here lies Tommyinnit
4/9/2004—3/1/2021
4/9/2004—4/18/2023
Vice President of L'manburg
Beaten to death by Dream (1st Death)
Stabbed to death by Ranboo while under Dream's influence (2nd Death)

Tommy's grave gave Techno a pause.

The man that took him here...killed his little brother...?

Twice?

But he looked almost...remorseful?

Here lies Tubbo
12/23/2003—5/8/2022
Founder of Snowchester
Husband of Ranboo
Adoptive father of Micheal the Piglin
Death Unknown

"You know, you were never very sneaky about coming out here so late." He heard Phil's voice from behind him.

'Philza' didn't look too different from 'Phil' other than his odd getup, the fact that he refuses to take off the bucket hat he always seems to wear, and the fact that his hair is long enough to reach his shoulders and be tied back in this world.

"Techno, this is the tenth time this month you've visited their graves. You've never been so mournful until recently."

Techno shrugged. "I guess just...everythin' caught up to me. I mean, Wilbur an' I were practically raised like brothers, and I immediately felt an odd connection to the kids when I met them."

Lying seemed natural in this world.

Almost like they weren't lies.

He remembers sparing with Wilbur when they were young.
He remembers picking flowers with Tubbo during the fight for Manberg.
He remembers sitting on a bench in the cold tundra beside Tommy and Ranboo in the middle of the night, the first night they all teamed up against L'manburg.

These were false memories.

Yet, looking back on it...

Perhaps these memories were his real ones.

Maybe the memories he thought he had were his false ones.

Maybe this was where he belonged.

~<•>~

726 words