{12.5} 𝙰 𝚐𝚒𝚏𝚝 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝙶𝚘𝚍 {12.5}

June 1st, 2017.
Techno's eighteenth birthday.

The piglin had gotten various gifts from his brothers and father, all of which he loved (especially the "pigstep" song Tommy and Wilbur made together, though he would never admit it), though none of them compared to the angel's gift.

He felt a bit childish when he got the box wrapped in blue. It was worn, and the paper was slightly discolored with age, but it was still evident what the wrapping paper was supposed to be.

As he unwrapped the box, he was greeted with a beautiful blood-red cloak, still as vibrant as if it was brand new. No dust or anything was on the cloak. It was unnatural.

Underneath the cloak was a silver dagger, with a beautiful golden handle decorated with rubies and emeralds.

"Beautiful, aren't they?" Timothy asked suddenly, making Techno jump. "Trust me, they're important. You'll even need them in a few years."

"Wh-why...?" Techno asked.

"Unfortunately, I can't say, but just know that you'll do. And don't worry, you're not the only one with magical gifts like these. In fact, your rival, who is just a few months younger than you, will be getting a porcelain mask that, whenever he wears it, he will be granted speed and agility."

"Okay...so what do these do, then?" Techno asked.

"As long as you're wearing the cloak, you cannot be harmed with any sort of weapon. You are unkillable as long as that cloak is on your body." Timothy explained. "And, whenever you're wielding the dagger, you are given double the amount of strength you possess."

"So...I essentially become a warrior that can never die with this combo?"

Timothy chuckled. "If you want to put it that way, then yes."

"Cool."

Timothy nodded. "Very. However, there is a catch." He pulled out an emerald earring, the gemstone sparkling in the light. "As long as you wear this gemstone, the dagger and cloak will give you these powers. Every time you should get hurt, the gem cracks, the severity of the crack depends on the severity of the wound. The greater the injury, the larger the crack."

He placed the earring in Techno's open palm, the gem glowing brightly once Techno put it on. "Is there any way to repair it?"

"Yes, multiple, actually. You could prick your finger, however that could only work with the gem if you need it in a pinch. However, blood from one human could repair the gemstone in its entirety."

"I see..." Techno muttered. Suddenly, he felt a searing pain in his skull, as he heard a voice unlike one he had ever heard before.

"Hello, Technoblade. My...shouldn't this be fun?"

The voice was not singular, but it also wasn't multiple. It was neither male nor female. He couldn't quite place it.

"Wha- who are you...?"

"My name doesn't matter, but what does matter is that you give me sacrifices regularly to fill my ever-growing needs."

"Wha-? But I thought you were a gift from God?"

"Oh, I am, though they never specified what God, now did they?"

"I-"

"Happy Birthday, warrior."

~<•>~

516 words