Guilty | Chpt 41

Hello

Enjoy~

(y/n)'s POV

"Someone certainly woke up on the right side of the bed," Hanako commented as she entered the room with Ryou.

"Nice to see you happy today," Ryou added.

"Oh you know..." I hummed, chewing at my lip.

"Why the sudden serotonin boost?" Hana pestered, seating herself in the desk across from me.

"I just...I'm just happy."

"Nah, you're hiding something aren't you?" she asked.

"Maybe, but it's not that big of a deal."

"Wait really? I was just shooting from the hip on that one, what happened?" she asked, leaning forward on the desk.

"I'm...kinda dating Kaminari now."

"What? Your dad finally break down?" Ryou asked.

"Uh...no." Hanako gasped, her mouth ajar.

"You're secret dating him? Bad girl," she hummed, seating herself back in her chair. I tugged at my lip with my fingers, smiling. Kaminari came in with his friends, heading for their pod of desks. he was wearing a smirk, looking our direction for a moment. Hanako watched his simple movements before looking at me, excited and shocked.

"Alright, you cannot tell my dad. Seriously," I warned and Hanako zipped her mouth, tossing away the imaginary key as she locked it.

"You sure this is a good idea?" Ryou asked.

"Don't be a downer Ryou," Hanako stated, breaking the invisible seal. He gave her obvious side eye to which she raised her eyebrows at him. The bell rang and I could feel Kaminari's presence a pod away, burning into my back. I snuck a glance in his direction to find that feeling was him looking at me. My mouth curled up in an embarrassed smile, my head darting back to the board. In Art History we were allowed to study different sculptures and I stood beside Kaminari, walking around the room. There were a few replicas and pictures that we had to write about.

"This one's cool, huh?" he commented.

"Very. I like the way the humans are so spindly."

"You're better at this than I am."

"Well they're almost scary, and the artist that made these started making his sketches and sculptures like this after a world war," I pointed out. "So worn out, being dragged down, lonely."

"Wow."

"What?"

"Nah, it's just that..." he glanced around the room before turning back to the sculpture. "My girlfriend is the prettiest and the smartest."

"Momo?" I asked and he looked at me, not so amused by my joke. I just smiled to myself, my skin growing hot. After classes today, I bolted home. I tossed my bag aside, quickly into the kitchen for a snack. I ran upstairs, changing into something else, my snack resting on my desk. I peered over at myself, pausing my rush. I attempted fixing up my hair before just pulling it up. That was a style Kaminari rather liked, having commented he could see my face. I looked a little tired and I was slightly embarrassed, tempted to clean it up with concealer. I just straightened out my outfit, making a dash back downstairs with my snack. It was fine, he knew who my father was.

"And where are you headed?" my father asked as I stopped by the door, about to leave again.

"Studying."

"Don't you need your backpack?" my father asked.

"You're right! Aha, I just got distracted. I wanted to get out of my school uniform," I said.