Paper Dino | Chpt 16

Y'all. Yes I know Aizawa's bandages are on at the sports festival, I'm just adding a couple days before without them for content.

Enjoy~

(y/n)'s POV

I had managed to avoid class 1-A until Friday, when I could finally relax. According to my father, the sports festival was extremely soon, even after the attack at USJ.

"So we'll begin clinicals next Monday. You'll choose one day to work during this class time and 3 hours after. There will be a nurse supervisor in the room with you and other classmates that will call me if needed. As soon as licenses will be distributed after a certain amount of clinical hours is fulfilled, given you pass the exam. Any notes will be given to you on the day you miss class for clinicals," Recovery Girl explained.

"Monday," Hanako murmured, nudging my desk leg with the tip of her shoe.

"You are required one day, but please volunteer other days after school. All help is appreciated and I'll make sure to adjust your work if needed. I don't want to overload you all. Can I get some volunteers for Monday?"

I raised my hand with Hanako and Ryou before anyone else could, and we were assigned Monday as our required day. I was sure with the sports festival, Recovery Girl would need more help, so I was sure to volunteer more next week.

This class was my break from any class 1-A kids. It appeared that none of them really wanted to mess with me right now, after I had left. Kaminari was adamant about staring at me until I would pay attention to him, but I had escaped interaction with him for the past few days.

"Alright, so you'll have a sub all next week. I'll be introducing you to the office personally before you'll be on your own," she said. "Dismissed!"

I stood up with Hanako and Ryou, packing up my bag.

"Hey, you want to come watch a movie in my dorm?" Hanako asked. "We're going to trash a bad romance drama."

"Sure, that sounds fine," I said. "I'll just drop off my stuff and find you." I glanced up at Hanako who was pressing her lips into a thin line.

"You know what, never mind. I don't want to busy up your plans, we can hang tomorrow," she said, nodding to Ryou.

"Wait wh--" I glanced to the door of the classroom where they were headed, Kaminari leaning up against the door frame, looking around as he waited for me. I felt like my stomach dropped an octave as I turned back around to my bag. Hanako knew I was upset with him, and was trying to fix what I didn't want to. I tugged my bag over my shoulder and headed for the door, my stomach squeezing again when I saw Kaminari look up at me approaching.

"Hey (y/n)," he greeted, tugging at the back of his neck. He knew he was in trouble, of course. When I let out a breath through my lips, I could feel yet another stab at the spot in between my rib cages, right where they began to curve away from each other. I just brushed past Kaminari, my hands gripped carefully on the straps of my backpack. "Awe come on. Please stop ignoring me (y/n)." He followed after me, bumping into people as he refused to look where he was going. He wanted to catch the moment I looked at him again. I regretted ever giving him my name, seeing as the way he used it now made me feel guilty or even a little bad for him. "I'm sorry, I really am! I didn't mean to make you think I was showing you off! I just think you're really cool, its not because of your dad I swear! I'm usually not the guy who knows someone, you know? It was just cool to be involved for once." I stopped and he stumbled to catch himself as he mirrored my stop. I turned to him, my knuckles white from how hard I had been gripping my backpack.

"It doesn't matter if it was because of my dad or not. All my life I've had people either scared of me or sucking up to me. I hate it. It hurts like crazy when someone like you turns out the same way. You said you wanted to be my friend," I explained.