Onze

5 Months Later :)
z a c h

"kaya, can you take me to my appointment today? jonah had a seminar today and can't do it"

"yeah, of course! what time?" the girl asked smiling at me as we walked into the school.

i sighed, the stares never got old. placing a hand protectively on my swollen belly, i waddled with kaya over to my locker.

"4:30, it's the gender reveal appointment. though i'm
not sure if i want to know or not" i could feel a light frown appear on my face and i glanced down, rubbing my tummy before looking back at kaya.

"maybe you could ask the doctor to put it in an envelope or something that way if you decide you do want to you have it and if you don't you don't have to look"

"i could... but i think corbs was so excited to know the gender-" i cut off as a certain blond that i hadn't talked to in months walked past me.

i gave him an awkward smile when we locked eyes. daniel seemed to hesitate for a second but in the end he just kept walking. i sighed for the hundredth time,

"kaya, i don't know what to do! i miss him so much"

"you're dating his ex, i can't blame him for not wanting to talk to you." she shrugged. i pouted.

"yeah but... jonah is good to me. he's amazing to me and the baby and... i don't want to lose him"

"you're also pregnant with another guys baby. no matter how much jonah is there and how hard he tries he isn't the father of your baby and he's got so much ahead of him, one that doesn't involve settling with you and a baby that's not his."

"ouch"

"i'm sorry. i'm working on saying things in a nicer way to people. but i hope you understand..." i rolled my eyes,

"yeah yeah, let's get to class" as we walked into their first period the classroom was upturned and in chaos.

"what is going on?!" i asked mr. asher, a replacement for mr. collins who finally got caught being a  perv a couple weeks ago and was fired.

mr. asher was newer than the new students and he couldn't have been more than 23.

"i decided to give you guys a free day, i don't want to get too ahead in the curriculum before testing and when i announced this, everyone went insane"

"sounds about right!" kaya laughed and i grunted,

"zach, how's the baby?" mr. asher asked, i sighed,

"hopefully still healthy, having a checkup today so..." it might seem weird that mr.asher was asking me about my child, but he was married and his wife was also pregnant, so it wasn't.

"that's good to hear, it's about time they'll let you know the gender right?"

"yeah, today actually, but i don't know of im gonna want to know it."

"well, there's always when it does come" mr. asher smiled, i nodded in agreement.

•••

"the doctor will be in shortly, i wish you were here" i said smiling, holding my phone up to my ear.

"i know baby. me too." jonah said from the line. i looked down,

"eh, i despise yet love dating a college boy" i giggled, hearing him hum from the other end,

"mm, is that so?"

"yes, cause i get to seem really cool, with a boyfriend who's in college, but also you're so far away and i miss you all the time."