Vingt-et-un

z a c h

the next morning we woke up a little later than usual. Corbyn and Daniel had ended up keeping flynn over night, and even though i was reluctantly at first, jack persuaded me with reassuring words and multiple kisses.

it was 10:30 when i peeled my eyes open, feeling stuck against the mattress. and rightfully so. Jack's long muscular body was directly on top of mine, his cheek pressed to my neck, brunet hair tickling my nose.

one of my arms was laying across his back, the other stuck between our bodies with pins and needles. i ran my nails down jack's bare back along him shiver and murmur, but otherwise he was still.

As much as i would love to wake him up romantically, i had to get him off me, or my arm would be sure to fall off, plus we had to be into town by one to pick Flynn up and go to the Asher's Baby shower.

"Jack!" i shouted, shoving his shoulder with my free arm. "get up, stinky!"

"who are you callin stinky" he grumbled, rolling over so he could get off me, and it was like my entire body was re-inflated as i sucked in a large gasp of air.

"you!" i replied as i shook out my arm, "it's time to get up, you still have to shower before noon and it's already almost eleven" i said.

"are you gonna shower with me?" he asked cheekily before sitting up and letting out a deep yawn. i
felt myself blush,

"now why would i do that?" i asked, getting out of bed. my shorts had ridden up during the night and i was sure jack was watching as i pulled them down to their normal mid-thigh length.

"you have such great legs" i smirked and i rolled my eyes,

"oh shut up, you need to shower,
now go"

"but you're coming right?"

"no"

"oh come on" he half-whined "i can help you wash all those hard to reach places"

"hard to- hard to reach places? i don't have any hard reach places!" i countered,

"you will once i'm done with you" he replied. i blushed,

"hush"

"fine alright, but you will shower with me one day"

"why do you want me to shower with you so bad?" i giggled, and he shrugged as he entered the bathroom,

"it saves water" and i could only roll my eyes before we were separated. i padded into the kitchen to start a pot of coffee and whip up a quick breakfast.

usually we just had something quick like frozen waffles so we could get started on our school stuff and pay attention to flynn, but today we didn't have school or flynn so i made biscuits and sausage gravy. and knowing jack, i was sure to make extra.

as i thought, jack scarfed down three plates before rushing me to get ready,

"see, if you would've showered with me, you would already be ready!" he was saying.