Dix-huit

j a c k

52 fucking hours. that's how long my boy was in labor. 52 hours of watching him sweat, Cry, sleep, and scream. It was 52hours before the doctor decided to prep Zach for the cesarean surgery. They said they wanted to keep him in labor for as long as possible especially because they never had a male pregnancy in the hospital before.

it was completely bullshit if you asked me. my princess was pregnant with a child, not a science project. just let us have our baby so we can go home.

which reminded me that though zach was dating Jonah, i had yet to see him here. not that i'm complaining it's just that i'm
the one that is supposed to be here. but Jonah should have the balls to show up if he's dating the person who is about to give birth.

regardless if it's biologically his child or not.

"he says he wants you in there with him" i jumped, unsure of when the nurse had gotten beside me.

"wh-what?" i was extremely tired i had been going back and forth from the city back to town for a couple weeks now and had even been doing so while zach was sleeping.

"are you sure?" i asked, feeling a wave of nervousness crash into me. i had left the room because i figured zach wouldnt want me to be in there with him.

"quite certain, if you'll just follow me, we'll be ready to proceed with the surgery" the nurse said and led us into the OR.

Zach was half asleep, still sweating so bad. i immediately tangled out hands and he sent me a sleepy pained smile.

"hey, princess"

"Jack. you're here"

"wouldn't miss it peach" i whispered, but i held back the urge to kiss his forehead.

this was serious. he was having a kid and he was dating someone else, i needed to keep things as least confusing as possible.

he smiled again as the surgeon started narrating that zach would feel something cold and that he should take deep breaths and that i should continue to hold his hand.

i could hear when the doctor made the incision and the ground seemed to sway under me for a moment as zach let out a hoarse noise.

they hadn't given him the CSE to
numb the
lower half of his body because they weren't sure how his body would react to it. but i was sure, by the stinging heat in my hands and wrist that he was in a lot of pain.

i adjusted my grip, firming it up so he could feel more grounded. i knew zach was a touch person. even if i didn't like it that much, it was his love language.

i had learned a lot in my few months away. met some people i still kept in touch with, ended up grounding myself and coming to terms with stuff in my past, like my dad leaving.

and the way i beat myself up over the fact that i had become exactly who i said i wouldn't.

for months i beat myself up and spent days and nights feeling sorry for myself but then it hit me. i had access to thousands of dollars and the fanciest of clothes and the fanciest of cars but no amount of money or shoes or anything could make me happy like i was when i had a family.

and it took me even longer to realize i did have one. i have a family in the boy who is carrying our child. a family in his friends who support us.
i realized that everyone makes mistakes, but you can't fix them by walking away.

that's why i came back. because i can't be selfish anymore. this is bigger than me now and i have to be responsible for my own actions.

it took 48 minutes for them to deliver our baby. they swaddled it, and stitched Zach back up before letting us hold our son.