I Should've Told Him.

CW/TWs: Canonverse/Post-Canon/Aged Up/Second Years/Unrequited Love/Angst/Hurt No Comfort/Pining Bakugou Katsuki/Bakugou Is Bad At Feelings/Midoriya Is Oblivious/One-sided Bakudeku/Sad Ending/Song Fic.

It was a sunny day outside and on their way back to the dorm from classes, Bakugou shouted for Midoriya.
"Oi, wait up nerd!" He said catching up to the smaller

The two have become friendly rivals after sitting a few things out on Ground Beta. They left with scars to remind them and that was okay. It took some time but now that they're in second year they were pretty comfortable in each other's spaces. Midoriya enjoyed spending time with Bakugou again. He missed when they used to hang out all the time as kids and now he has that experience back but they're just older. It doesn't change anything, only they get to do more stuff and they have more freedoms.

Midoriya looked over his shoulder when the other approached him.
"Oh, hi Kacchan." He smiled at his spiky haired friend

"Hey Izuku." Bakugou greeted the other

"It's a pretty day outside today, huh?" Midoriya looked up to the sky after nudging the taller

"Yeah." Bakugou agreed looked up at the clouds

Today was the day Bakugou Katsuki would confess his undying love to the boy next to him. They've been through a lot. It felt like they've been to hell and back but in the end it's been worth it. The topic of love was a difficult one for the blonde though. However it's been stewing within him for months now and Bakugou has tried a few times to confess, but something always got in the way or he chickened out. He wasn't a coward! He just wants it to be perfect! Not this time though. This time he would come right out and say it. Mama ain't raised no bitch.

"He thought you were awesome." Bakugou pointed behind them with his thumb

He? Who the fuck is he?! Bakugou meant to say "I thought you were awesome." This time the blonde didn't come right out and say it. Today wasn't the day Bakugou Katsuki would confess his undying love for the boy next to him. His cute childhood friend. Midoriya looked back to see Todoroki and Sero walking together.

"He thought I was awesome? Todoroki?" Midoriya cocked a curious eyebrow as he glanced over again to see his other friend

Shit, what does Bakugou do now? He's fucked up enough of their relationship in the past and sure, they've slowly been repairing it, but if he confess that might fuck it up again and just because of some measly little feelings he can't fucking get rid of. That's why it's so hard for the blonde to look into those beautiful green eyes and tell Midoriya he loves him with every part of his being. But... maybe he can use Todoroki as a shield. Maybe he is a coward.

"Definitely." Bakugou answered Midoriya

Midoriya furrowed his green brows quizzically.
"How?" He asked the other

Bakugou cleared his throat. He could do this, he's technically confessing, right? Midoriya will just think it's Todoroki saying all the thoughts that float around in his head rent free, but when Bakugou's done he'll tell it to Midoriya straight. Or well gay in this case. Whatever.

"Well... He said, "there's nothing like your smile. Sort of subtle and perfect and real." Bakugou started, his heart jumping to his throat

"He said, "you never knew how wonderful that smile could make someone feel." He told Midoriya, trying keep his embarrassment at bay

"And he knew, whenever you get bored you scribble down notes to later start organizing and he noticed, that you still fill out the quizzes that they put in those pro hero magazines." He chuckled fondly then frowned trying to be more serious