Crappy Birthday.

CW/TWs: Canonverse/Canon Divergence/Manga Spoilers From Chapter 306 And On/Heavy Angst/Love letters/Love Confessions/Birthday/Bakugou Katsuki-centric/Ambigous or Open Ending/Sad Ending.

Bakugou stayed awake long past his usual bedtime. He just couldn't sleep these days which was also unusual considering he had the same routine every night. This was just an every night occurrence for him now and nothing could change it, no matter how hard he tried. However, it was his birthday so he made the effort to sit through a party that dragged on way too long. He dealt with people that he didn't want to socialize with, ate food that he didn't particularly like, opened presents that he didn't really want, said his thank yous. Then finally, when it was over, he shut himself in his room. His friends were happy and celebrating his big day, but Bakugou could tell they were just hiding how they really felt.

He could tell their smiles were fake and forced. The blonde understands because he feels the same way, hurt and lost. Even classmates noticed the change in his behavior which is why they threw him a party. It was in the hopes to make him happy again and many it was to distract themselves too. They were all worried. Bakugou misses Midoriya just as much as everyone else, but whether he's willing to admit that out loud or not is another story. The stupid idiot left without even leaving a note, well... without leaving one for him. All his classmates got one and they all said the same worthless bullshit. Midoriya left one for everyone else, even Mineta, but not Bakugou?

It pissed him off more than the fact that the smaller left Yuuei, their dream school. It was that he left him behind. When Bakugou found out Midoriya had left he had just gotten discharged from the hospital, scars still fresh as he walked out of the white painted building. The thoughts of his childhood friend not returning plagued him every night. He ran through potential outcomes of the shorter going against a villain by himself over and over again. All scenarios ended badly in his mind and that terrified him. Bakugou knew Midoriya wasn't weak and that he could take care of himself, but the blonde can't see if that's true right now. He can't see if the other is alive and well because he's gone. Left without even saying goodbye.

His phone suddenly dinged and it pulled Bakugou out of his exhausting thoughts. He frowned with a sigh as he picked up his phone to look at the notification. "Look outside." the text message read and it was from Midoriya. Bakugou shot up out of bed, whipping his head towards his balcony. He dropped his phone on the bed completely, forgetting it as he jumped up and ripped open his black out curtains. Bakugou was met with the tired looking, but still smiling face of his ex childhood friend. Midoriya waved sheepishly with one hand, the other holding a red bag. He looked as tired as Bakugou felt and was all scratched up too. His suit was thoroughly rumpled. Bakugou pushed open his glass balcony door without saying anything.

"Happy Birthday, Kacchan." Midoriya said quietly

Bakugou narrowed his eyes, brows furrowing in pain.
"That's all you've gotta say ta me?" He spat with venom

Midoriya leaves without a word and all he has to say when he shows the hell up is a dumbass "Happy Birthday." Like that even matters right now. The world is crumbling and It's not happy without Midoriya by his side! Bakugou was furious beyond belief at him.

The smaller at least had the courtesy to look down with guilt.
"I- I know you're mad, but for right now yeah. I'm sorry." He said then met Bakugou's glare

There was a twinkle of defiance that was always there and it pissed the blonde off even more. It was part of the reason he mistreated the other so much. He wanted that crap to stop but it never did and Bakugou doesn't want to make it go away even if it makes him angry. They've both come a long way in just a year. Midoriya held out his arm, bag in hand, and expected the taller to take the gift. The glove on his hand was barely held together at the seams.