Happy New Years, Ya Shit Nerd.

CW/TWs: Canonverse/Post-Canon/Aged Up/Second Years/Manga Spoilers From Final War Arc And On/Fluff/Mutual Pining/New Year's Kiss/Scar Appreciation/Ambigous or Open Ending/Happy Ending.

Bakugou and Midoriya were sitting on the roof of the class A Heights Alliance building. They did this little get together often late in the afternoon so they could have privacy. The two just needed to get away from others sometimes. It wasn't because they hated them of course, they just needed some space to relax without all the noise. Midoriya loves his friends and the rest of their classmates, don't get him wrong, but at times they can be too much for him. They want him to do this and that or expect him to when he just wants to sit in silence and relax. Bakugou cares for his friends and the rest of their classmates too, but most of the time he just wants them to shut the hell up and leave him alone. They're just too loud sometimes when Bakugou wants to sit in silence and relax too.

So somehow the blonde and green haired teens started sneaking away to sit on the rooftop of their  Heights Alliance building together, but alone. It was calm, quiet, and relaxing just like they wanted. The childhood friends knew each other better than anyone. They knew each other's likes, dislikes, goals, aspirations, and boundaries. No one knew each other like Bakugou and Midoriya did.  There was no obligation for them to do anything other than sit on the roof and look at the sky. That's what the two liked most. They didn't have to talk, but if they wanted then they could, usually they didn't, but this time Midoriya wanted to. Si he broke their tranquility.

"Jeez, it's so cold today." He shivered, seeing his warm breath leaving his body mixing with the cold air

"It's winter, moron." Bakugou stated, looking unamused as he leaned back on his hands

The concrete was colder underneath them, but his quirk kept his hands warm.

Midoriya giggled, not even affected by the insult on his intelligence anymore, if he ever was.
"I know. How are you doing by the way? I know winter is harder for you." The shorter said, looking over at the blonde

He kind of always knew Bakugou didn't mean some of the things he said. Midoriya knew it was just complicated for both of them. The world is a harsh place whether you have a quirk or not. People are not created equal after all.

Bakugou rolled his red eyes with a scoff.
"Tch- worry about yourself, Dweeb. I'm sure your shitty bones hurt like hell." He gestured to Midoriya's body

The smaller looked down at his scarred hands as he balled them into fists and shrugged.
"They do, but it's fine." He answered, letting his hands relax

The blonde then frowned. Most of the time they sat on the roof together, they were just quiet. They would let the world around them filter in one ear and out the other as they relaxed and looked up at the beautiful ombré afternoon sky that were different shades of orange. This time though, Midoriya broke the tranquil silence, but Bakugou didn't mind. He's realized that he often doesn't mind that the smaller is a chatterbox, saying whatever theory, idea, or random thought that comes to his dweeb brain and falls out of his nerdy mouth. The blonde used to hate it, well he did in middle school. Before that he didn't mind it then either. Middle school and Junior high was a bad time and Bakugou tries everyday to make up for it.

He hopes Midoriya knows that. The taller never wants to hurt the shorter like that ever again and he will do anything to keep from it. Since they were sitting up and looking out over the other rooftops of the city outside of Yuuei, Bakugou stood up and took off his olive green jacket to put it around Midoriya's shoulders. During the winter the blonde teen wears pretty heavy coats because he gets cold easily and it makes it harder to use his quirk if needed. The smaller heard the movement and looked up just in time to see the taller put his green jacket lined with faux fur around his own shoulders.