Together.

CW/TWs: Canonverse/Canon Divergence/Manga Spoilers From Chapter 335 And On/MCD/Reference to Suicide/Heavy Angst/Love Confessions/Ambigous or Open Ending/Melancholy Ending.

After the class was told the news about Star and Stripe or Cathleen Bate, her real name, Midoriya felt guilty. America's number one hero died because he couldn't defeat Shigaraki and All for One the first time. All Might explained a few more details then left to go help other pro heroes while class A stayed in the dormitory. It was late anyway and curfew would be implemented soon. Students chatted with each other as Satou and Bakugou made dinner for everyone. Midoriya however, sat on the couch going over the fight in his head like he had already done many, many times. He needed a plan, a plan that would fix everything, he just can't let this continue otherwise more people will get hurt. People he loves. Shigaraki and All for One must be stopped once and for all.

After dinner, everyone started heading to bed. Most had worked all day on their patrol shifts with pros so they were exhausted. Since the world broke, the higher ups decided the high schoolers from the prestigious hero schools would help out the pros. So the older heroes made a schedule for all the students to be dispatched along with other heroes. Midoriya returns to his room early nowadays and he is much more quiet. He always has this far off look like he never stopped thinking or contemplating. Bakugou noticed, he could practically see the gears constantly turning in that nerdy head of his. The blonde knew something would happen after they were told about Star.

He knew Midoriya would do something stupid again, he knows him best after all, so it wasn't a surprise when he caught Midoriya trying to leave. The shorter had gone up to the roof which made Bakugou's heart pound with anxiety, he was getting that a lot lately. He was also worried more than usual even if it didn't show on his face or in his actions. Of course when he saw Midoriya trying to be sneaky he followed him up the stairs. The only reason Bakugou even saw Midoriya was because he decided to go to his dorm and check on him. That was another thing he was doing and Midoriya didn't seem to mind. If he hadn't shown up when he did he never would have seen the smaller open the door to the stairwell.

As Midoriya ascended the stairs, Bakugou followed quietly and far behind so the shorter wouldn't hear him. He's sure Midoriya is on red alert for anyone who might try to stop him. Once to the roof Bakugou's heart nearly fell out of his ass when he saw Midoriya stand on the edge of the building. They were so high up and Bakugou couldn't help but remember the day he said something so irredeemably disgusting to Midoriya. The blonde's not sure if Midoriya forgives him. Too much has happened and they haven't talked about it yet. So Bakugou yelled out Midoriya's name, worried that the reason the shorter was being so quiet was because he had planned to listen to those horrible words Bakugou said.

"De- Izuku!" He rushed out the door

Midoriya flinched and turned around.
"Kacchan, what are you doing here?" He asked like he was completely confused

"What am I doin' here? What tha hell're you doin' here?!" Bakugou said as he clenched his fists

So many emotions he was used to slamming down into the depths of his mind to deal with later or maybe never were starting to breach his wall like a Titan over wall Maria. Panic flooded his veins and he couldn't stop the horrible feeling in his gut.

Midoriya looked away.
"I... Kacchan I have to do this and you... you can't stop me." He said sternly

"Like hell am I gonna to let you jump! After everything we've been through? You're just gonna throw that all away?!" Bakugou said as his vision was getting blurry

Shit, he's crying like a damn baby in front of Midoriya again. So fucking pathetic. Why would Midoriya ever look up to him? If there's one thing he didn't deserve it's Midoriya picturing him as his image of victory. Bakugou hasn't won anything other than maybe being the worst hero on the planet and an even worse childhood friend.