Short Story #11

Ship: IceMav

AUs: Idk, Goose is alive and this is after most of the movie events take place I guess..?

Warning(s): Cuteness Overload

~

"You're not gonna do that for real, are you Pete?" Goose asked his friend. 

Maverick nodded, "Oh hell yeah I am! I'm not missing this opportunity to get with Iceman!" 

Goose sighed, "Okay.." 

They gathered the whole group, except Slider, who was hanging around Iceman at the moment. So, they did it when Iceman wasn't expecting anything out of the ordinary. 

"Hey, Ice." Slider punched his shoulder. 

"What?" Iceman said, seeing the group surrounding the bar stools where they sat.

Maverick smirked as the music started. Iceman opened his mouth to say something, but immediately shut it, finding that he was speechless.

"You never close your eyes anymore when I kiss your lips." Maverick sang. 

"And there's no tenderness like before in your fingertips." Goose joined in. 

"You're trying hard to show it, baby." Maverick and Goose sang together. 

"But baby, baby, I know it." The whole group started singing, "You've lost that lovin' feelin', woah, that lovin' feelin', you've lost that lovin' feelin' now it's gone, gone, gone. Woah Woah." 

The group continued the song, Slider joined in, teasing Iceman a bit. Iceman was blushing bright red and, surprisingly, smiling. Maverick thought that he'd be a lot more embarrassed. But he thought Iceman was adorable right now, so, he didn't pay it much mind.

"Baby, baby, I'd get on my knees for you. If you would only love me, like you used to do, yeah.." Maverick actually got on his knees in front of Iceman. Ice was about as red as a strawberry. He was adorable. 

Maverick gestured at Goose, who nodded, motioning at the rest of the group. They kept singing except for Maverick, who kissed Iceman. Ice didn't hesitate on kissing back. They held the kiss until the group began singing the end,

"Bring back, that lovin' feelin', woah that lovin' feelin', bring back that lovin' feelin' cause it's gone, gone, gone, woah.."

"I love you, Tom Kazansky." Maverick smiled, looking into Iceman's eyes.

Iceman could only smile back as he said,

"I love you too, Pete Mitchell."