Short Story #9

Ship: IceMav

AUs: Goose gets injured instead of dying

Warning(s): None

~

Maverick had cried himself sick after Goose was confirmed to be in a coma after the accident. Maverick was miserable. But he didn't want to bug Carole, he understood that she was in disbelief and that she needed to be there when Goose woke up; if he woke up. Maverick heard a knock on his bedroom door. Confused, he turned over in bed.

"Who is it..?' Maverick barely croaked out. The door opened, revealing Iceman.

"Hey, Carole told me you were sick and that she couldn't come take care of you." Iceman said.

Maverick was surprised, "Kazansky, you didn't have to come take care of me."

"I wanted to." Iceman admitted, his cheeks flushing a bit. Maverick was very flattered.

By the end of the week, he was very flustered and appreciative of Iceman. He'd never seen him be this sweet to anybody before, not even Slider.

"Thanks again for taking care of me, Ice."

"Of course, Mitchell." Ice replied, "Just because we're competition, doesn't mean I don't care about you."

"I care about you too, Kazansky.." Maverick blushed lightly.

"Pete, I think I might like you more than a rival should.." Iceman said anxiously.

"And? Tom, I like you a lot more than a rival should." Maverick replied, kissing Iceman's forehead.