Short Story #19

Ship: IceMav

AUs: Nope

Warning(s): N/A

~

His eyes were first thing Iceman noticed. 

How bright, big, and full of life they were. The color reminded him of pine needles and oak leaves. The way they locked with his the night they first met proved to be too much for Iceman's homosexual heart. 

He loved how they're eyes followed each other, where ever Ice looked, he met eyes with his. He couldn't ever admit that he fell for his competition. 

But, Iceman knew he couldn't keep it to himself forever, even though he tried desperately. But when the volleyball games started, Ice wasn't able to hide his homosexuality even if he tried. 

The way the small pilot's jeans clung to his legs in all the right places, even clinging around his ass. Iceman couldn't help but stare. 

He tried to stop himself, but it was too late; 

he was in love. 

He approached the smaller pilot while he was putting on his shirt.

"Mitchell." He turned to look at Ice, his hair filled with sand as he was buttoning his shirt, "Yeah, Kazansky?"

"Can we talk? Just the two of us?" Ice asked, his heart racing.

Maverick nodded, "Of course."

And with that, they started walking along the beach, "What did you want to talk about?" Maverick asked, "Are you gonna lecture me on being dangerous again?"

"No." Ice replied, "I just thought that this would be a good time to tell you.. I'm in love with you..."

Maverick looked at him, his cheeks flushing to red. Ice thought that maybe he messed up.

"It's okay if you don't feel the same, I jus-" He was cut off by Maverick's lips pressing to his. Ice kissed back, feeling a bit better. They pulled back.

"I love you too, Tom."