Short Story #3

Ship: IceMav (Iceman x Maverick)

Warning(s): None

AU(s): None

~

Maverick and Goose were walking back to the locker room with the other pilots, they were joking around and being stupid, as always.

"God, this is getting really old guys. Can't you stay quiet for even a second?" Iceman snarked at the two flight partners. His eyes met with Maverick's while he waited for an answer.

"Well, you can always walk ahead then!" Goose responded, rolling his eyes.

"Mother Goose, you know damn well that even across the tarmac I can hear you guys." Ice retorted, only glancing at Goose for a split second, then his gaze returned to Maverick.

After a minute, Iceman finally turned away, starting to go a little faster so that he could catch up with Slider.

"Mav." Goose turned to his friend.

"Yeah?" He glanced up at Goose through his aviators.

"Where are the pre-formulated roasts that I've grown to love you for?" Goose asked as they continued to walk.

Maverick couldn't get anything out. Goose then noticed that Maverick was staring at something to the right of them. He followed Maverick's gaze. He got a grin on his face, letting out a laugh. This made Iceman and Slider glance to the left of them to see what was going on. Then they heard Goose say, "Oh my god, you have a fucking crush on Iceman!" Iceman's face flushed to a bright red. So did Maverick's.

"I will neither confirm nor deny that." Maverick replied smoothly, kissing Iceman's cheek and scurrying off to the locker room, leaving a laughing Goose, shocked Slider, and a star-struck Iceman.