☆ Author's Note ☆

Every now and again, you read a book and it changes you.

When it ends, it affects you so deeply you want nothing more than to pick it back up and start reading it again. And again. And again.

That book for me was A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas and no book since, other than the others in the same series, have had an impact on me as it had. 

As a reader I was so emotionally invested it hurt when the characters hurt, I cried when the characters cried, and I laughed when the characters laughed.

As a writer I was inspired.

I wanted to live in Velaris, so I did the next best thing.

I started writing about it.

We all write fanfiction for our own reasons.

Mine, in a way, was a coping mechanism to fill the void ACOMAF left within me once I finished reading it for the first time.

Hopefully this story can help fill your void as well.

 ☆ ☆ ☆

ANSWERED DREAMS is an AU (alternate universe) based on and inspired by the events that transpired in Sarah J. Maas' A Court of Thorns and Roses series. This is the first of many accounts I have written and posted. It also kicks off the world in which future AU stories with known and unknown original characters will be created.