twin

Today was the third day of Catherine Topaz's funeral. Everyone was wearing white; from dress, polo shirts, shoes and all accents in the room were white, all signs of purity.

There was her family; Andalio Topaz, her grandfather. He's the remaining family she had after her parents died for the same reason of her death, gang war.

Catherine was part of the Serpents ever since she was 15, a legacy status from her parents. She had created her own family out of the group which she was proud of, but still, she was seeking for her family's affection especially of her twin, Toni Topaz.

Speaking of, Toni Topaz arrived in the room, a time with full crowd. She had her sore eyes under her round shades, her caramel colored hair was flowing down her shoulders that ended on her mid back, wearing a decent clothing of white button down shirt tucked in her denim jeans paired with her white slip on vans.

The people watched and locked their eyes on Toni as she walked in the aisle, heading to her twin's coffin.

Catching everyone's attention, she remained demure and peaceful. She stood by the coffin, watched her twin's body resting in peace, and admiring her wearing her white beaded and lace dress that they both loved so much when they were younger.

Toni took off her shades and clutched it into her shirt as she cried in silence. She took her time talking to her twin sister in peace. After, she turned to her left and the sight had Cheryl froze.

Cheryl locked her eyes on the caramel colored hair girl, hugging her grandpa; the extended family wasn't there yet.

As soon as Toni pulled away, her eyes met Cheryl's.

"Dad, is she Cathy's girlfriend?" Toni husked, asking her grandfather who nodded.

Toni looked at the girl again. She gave her a weak smile and bowed her head a little before walking to the kitchen to monitor the situation.

"Bitch, that's her twin. Your eyes are almost out, stop it," Veronica scolded, whispering.

Cheryl looked down, scowling.

"Shit, they look exactly the same." Cheryl breathed deeply, gripping the sides of the chair.

"Girl, calm down and before you pass out, I just want you to say that, it's called identical twins in case you didn't know," Veronica teased, earning a death glare from Cheryl's puffy eyes.

"Sorry, I was just lighting up your mood. Do you want some coffee? It's almost 10 pm."

Cheryl shook her head before standing. "I'll get it myself, thanks."

She didn't wait for Veronica to reply when she took her way to the kitchen. As soon as she walked in, there was the girl she was stunned by.

"Hi dear, what do you need?" Nana Marissa asked the redhead.

Toni was helping in preparing the midnight snacks when someone walked in the room, catching her attention. She looked over her shoulder and saw the pale girl that caught her eyes earlier.

"Uh nothing, Nana. I can take care of my own coffee, thank you," Cheryl said sweetly and Nana Marissa nodded.

Cheryl walked to the counter near Toni where the coffee machine was placed. She was reaching for the box of coffee when her and Toni's fingers interacted. They both looked at each other, awkward with the obvious spark they just felt.

"Uh, I am. Uh, sorry," Cheryl stuttered.

"Go ahead. You go first, I'll just use the other one next to you." Toni gave her a genuine side smile before she moved to her right.