popstar [2]

Cheryl's POV

8: 15 pm

Right after I finished singing my new song in front of the audience of the interview slot, I received a hug from the host and took a seat across from her.

"That was such a wonderful performance, Cheryl!"

Camille cheered at me and I smiled, criticizing my performance: "Was it? I wasn't satisfied at all. My voice was shaky at the start. I hate it."

"Thank you," I replied. I had to fake another smile, of course. I wasn't feeling well.

"Oh my! I love your outfit! Soon enough I'll follow your style."

I loved my outfit, too. I was wearing a white jumpsuit under a red trench coat.

She added, "So, how have you been? I've heard the past month has been loaded. Projects coming soon?"

"Well, to be honest," I began with my slightly sore voice, "I'm a little under the weather tonight, but I'm glad to be here. I'm so excited to share with all of you my next projects."

"Oh, are we expecting something that's connected with the rumored movie you're starring in with Veronica Lodge?"

I smiled. Yesterday, I had a meeting with the management and they advised me to publicly announce the upcoming movie.

"Well," I turned to look at the audience whose faces were bright, "I'm so happy to announce that, yes, I am filming a movie with my costar and best friend Veronica Lodge with the cast that soon you'll find out who."

The audience clapped their hands as they celebrated in noise.

I continued, "So, see you in theaters soon. And yeah, I'm so excited to be part of the crew, they've been working so hard since the concept planning."

"Finally!" said Camille. "I'm assuming the soundtrack will be sung by you and Veronica?"

I nodded, grinning. "Yes, that's right. We've recorded it already and it will be released soon, of course."

"There you have it! We've been waiting for this moment!"

"Yes!" someone shouted from the crowd. I smiled at her.

"I am so thankful for everyone for making this opportunity reach us," I told them.

"Everyone supports you and I'm sure they're just as excited as you!"

I sweetly smiled.

"Okay then, let's talk about your green advocacy," she mentioned. "The Green Valley Project that your team is organizing."

"Yes, of course. Aside from the upcoming movie and songs for all of you, I am encouraging everyone to support our project. It centers on environmental protection and we are looking for volunteers to participate in our programs. Visit my page and you'll see the link in my bio. I am hoping that you guys appreciate this movement because nature should be taken care of seriously. We need everyone's hands in here."

"We admire you for doing this," Camille supposed, "and surely, expect us to support this. We need more people like you."

I was proud of that. I should be.

"We'll be back in a few minutes!" Camille ended the first segment for commercial.

That interview lasted for a couple more minutes and after I got it done, I exited the room. I walked with my guards and Kevin through the hall heading to the parking space, and there I arrived with people asking for my signature and pictures with me.