fake dating

rqstd by: someone1689

•••

"Okay, since I know exactly what I need to do, let me do the honors of stating the most brilliant dare ever," Kevin said, standing in the middle of the formed circle.

They were inside the Pembrooke for Veronica's weekend party, a treat before they go back to school after the semestral break ends. The people have gathered around including Veronica's inner circle—her boyfriend, Archie was there, as usual, and to serve as a pass for the Southsiders in honor of his and Jughead’s friendship.

Cheers from the crowd were loudly heard while Kevin took a stand. Toni was just there, seated to Jughead's left while his girlfriend, Betty, to his right.

"I think I know what Kevin is gonna say," Betty whispered to her boyfriend who looked at her confused, flashing his red eyes from drinking a lot of beer during the formal party.

"What do you mean?" Jughead slurred, chuckling.

"I guess it's about the red queen and the Serpent gem," she whispered, giggling.

"Oh shit." Jughead laughed before pecking her lips.

"Okay, listen up, bitches!" Kevin clapped his hands. "Since we all know that they are obviously gay for each other, no secrets involved here." He smirked at Cheryl, who was sitting to Veronica's left before he continued talking. "What about, we arrange a fake dating thing between the red queen and the purple gem from the South to see if who would fall in the trap first? What do you guys think?"

The people laughed and howled as the others whispered inaudible words to each other while Cheryl was left with wide eyes, looking around until her eyes met Toni's that speak venom.

Toni was already looking at her with that signature erotic and glaring eyes even before Kevin announced the game. She smirked when she noticed that Cheryl gained tension within her bones, a sign that she affects her.

"Kev, wait. That's unfair!" Cheryl disagreed. "You all know that I hate Southside and especially her. You can't do this to me."

"Uh-uh, sorry, queen. The bottle pointed on you and I know for a fact that you'll never say no to a dare?"

Cheryl gulped, her eyes flashing a slight fear.

"Maybe she can't do it because she's scared to fall for the Southside gem," Reggie teased before fake coughing.

"Ooooh," the crowd teased.

Cheryl scoffed. "Huh, no way. I will never like her nor fall for her," she defended, rolling her eyes.

"Then, take the dare." All eyes turned to Toni. "Why are you so defensive?" She asked with her raspy and low voice. "It's just a dare, Bombshell. Unless you already accept your defeat then-"

"Okay, fine! Whatever. How long is this bullshit gonna take?" Cheryl asked, pissed while Toni bit her bottom lip, smirking.

"One month!" Jughead yelled which earned a death glare from Cheryl.

"What?!?"

"Nice bro," Toni said, sharing a high five with Jughead.

"What?! No way! That's a lot!" Cheryl asserted. "I don't want it that long!"

Toni shrugged while Kevin clicked his tongue.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. You heard Jug, queen. One month it is," he replied, smirking. "I'll be there to monitor the ongoing dare and we'll announce the winner after exams. I think, in La Bonne Nuit, right, V?"