the nurse

Cheryl's POV

"Nana," I began as I knelt in front of her wheelchair. "Our family doctor advised that you need to be monitored every single minute. Since you had another attack of epilepsy and I wasn't there...fuck, thanks to Betty for dropping by uh- anyway, I need to look for a nurse. Will that be okay with you? I just want to make sure you're always fine."

She sighed. "That'll be fine. I'm sorry for causing so much trouble."

I shook my head, smiling. "Nana, you're not a trouble to me if you're thinking like that. You raised me when mom and dad died 18 years ago. This is the least that I can do for you. I love you, okay?"

She smiled.

__

"Hello, Lodge?" I greeted my fucking psychopath best friend that I love so much as soon as she picked up her phone.

"Yo, you okay?" she replied.

"Yeah uh just need some help," I replied while dropping my body on the bed. Finally, after a long and tiring day.

"Make it quick 'cause my break will be over in 7 minutes," she said and I can hear her utensils clashing. She's probably having a snack or dinner this late, at 10:30 pm.

"Okay um...since you can't be Nana's nurse, I need you to use your connections out there. I'm so busy in the office and I couldn't take care of Nana." I groaned.

She sighed. "I'd love to take that job but I have patients to handle. Not to mention I have four excluding my rounds."

"That's a lot." I chuckled.

"I know...anyway." I heard her bite some chips. "I know someone...from Hong Kong..she came home last month and she's now working here in Riverdale General Hospital. She topped her batch, dude. Take note of that."

"Oh, that's easy. I can top her too," I jested and I heard her choke on her food.

"Is she gay?" I asked, laughing.

"The hell, Cheryl!!" she wheezed, coughing.

"What? I need a girlfriend you know. Maybe we could match." I giggled.

"Tsk, ask her 'cause I knew she had a boyfriend before." she sniggered.

"Oop- my bad..but we'll see. I can make any girl gay for me," I teased, confidently.

"Whatever, " she said. I can imagine her rolling her eyes 'cause she's too annoyed, I can sense it. "I'll talk to her first then I'll give you updates, okay?"

"Yeah, bye. Thanks!"

.

.

2 days later...

It was raining hard when I heard the doorbell ring by 8:00 am. I was in the kitchen, preparing my coffee before heading to work but then I headed to the front door to see who's outside. When I opened it, I was welcomed by this hot girl, wearing a plain white nurse uniform. She has tanned skin and caramel-colored wavy hair.

I think she got me right there with her sweet but venomous smile and deep chocolate brown eyes. I was admiring her beauty for a second until she-

"Uh hi?" she greeted, looking at me cluelessly.

Am I this thirsty? I mean- I don't know? Whatever.

"Uh sorry. I thought I knew you. You looked like someone I know and I'm trying to figure it out," I reasoned.