"fdlaftw"

• "friends don't look at friends that way" •

Toni was currently sitting on Cheryl's lap. It was lunch break and the squad (Veronica, Archie, Reggie, Betty including the two mentioned) was gathered around two booths in the canteen. Same as the other students, breaks were their bonding time.

"Okay, hear me," Veronica said, seated next to her boyfriend, Reggie. "As part of my father's success in the La Bonne Nuit expansion, I'm gonna host a party at Pembrooke. I'm expecting all of you to come."

Reggie kissed his girlfriend's left cheek. "We'll be there, babe."

"Archie, Betty?" Veronica raised an eyebrow.

"Babe, are we going?" Archie asked Betty who smirked. "I'll take that as a yes, then."

"Of course." Betty winked.

"Okay, great." Veronica then looked at Toni who's using her phone and still sitting on Cheryl's lap.

"Topaz," she called, but it didn't catch her attention.

"She's busy flirting," Cheryl, wearing a trendy jacket over her tank top, and denim jeans, teased before tickling Toni by her ribs.

"Fuck you. Tsk." Toni slapped Cheryl's hand. "I'm listening. I'm just... Nothing. Not important."

Cheryl hugged her from the back, arms around her waist. She tapped her knees to get her attention.

"What?" Toni asked, annoyed, and still typing something on her phone.

"Fix your skirt," Cheryl whispered and Toni pulled the cloth lower.

"She's a bitch, I'm sorry." Cheryl laughed, leaning her right cheek by Toni's left bicep. "We'll be there, V. Who are invited?"

"A lot." Veronica snickered. "Vixens, Bulldogs, and more. Be there on time."

After their talk, they went to their scheduled classes. Toni and Cheryl happened to be sharing their Math class, so they obviously walked together.

With her right arm placed around Toni's neck, they walked in the classroom catching everyone's attention. They didn't care at all because they got used to it by now. People think they were together, but sadly-all false.

They sat next to each other, in the back row, and waited for the teacher to arrive.

"Good afternoon, class," Therese, the teacher greeted and the students sent their response quietly.

"Are you ready for our quiz?" she added while placing her laptop on the table.

The students replied by either murmuring or nodding.

"Oh shit, we have a quiz?" Toni asked Cheryl.

"Yup," Cheryl replied, taking her pad paper out. "I texted you last night and reminded you earlier about it. Tsk, tsk."

"Shit." Toni huffed. She looked at Cheryl and cutely pouted, trying to say something obvious.

"I know." Cheryl gently pinched Toni's nose. "I'm letting you copy. Don't worry, I got you," she whispered and winked.

"Ugh. You're the best." Toni grinned. "I don't have a paper, either. Gimme some."

Cheryl shrugged.

After they took the exam, they separately proceeded to their last class for the afternoon. They bore with another subject before the most awaited part of the day. Dismissal.

Most of the students were by their lockers, chatting while some of them were heading to the canteen, library, and home.

Toni was placing two books in her locker when Cheryl leaned her right shoulder next to the metal surface.