So Far - Xisuma x Keralis

SONG: So Far by Olafur Arnalds and Arnor Dan

Xisuma sat on a cliff's edge, staring out into the never ending sea. It was the one place he could be truly alone. However, his loneliness was quickly cut off by the arrival of the always wide-eyed Keralis. He sat down next to his friend, who barely seemed to recognize his existence.

"So far from who I was, from who I love, from who I want to be," Xisuma said to himself as he picked a wildflower from the patchy grass. 

Keralis frowned, but let him continue. 

"So far from all our dreams, from all it means, from you here next to me."

Keralis had been building up his city as always, only waving to his friend every so often through his hyperfixated thoughts. He never thought it would affect him so much...

"So far from seeing home, I stand out here alone, am I asking for too much?" Xisuma asked, finally turning to face Keralis. 

He did not wear his helmet. Each and every one of his scars was visible, as well as his violently purple eyes. He placed a gentle hand on Keralis' cheek. 

"Evil Xisuma came again, didn't he?" Keralis whispered. 

His words were only met with a nod and caring arms wrapping around him.

"I missed you, K," Xisuma said, "so far from being free of the past that's haunting me, the future I just can't touch."

Keralis finally realized why he'd been drawn here. His soul was alight with a feeling he hadn't felt in a long time, a feeling that Xisuma shared with him in that moment: hope. 

"And if you take my hand, please pull me from the dark, and show me hope again," Xisuma said, tears welling in his eyes. 

The lone builder let his hands meet Xisuma's as he looked him in the eyes. 

"We'll run side by side, no secrets left to hide," Keralis said, pulling his friend closer, "sheltered from the pain."

The two leaned close together, watching as the sun rose above the sea. Their hands were intertwined, and what had seemed so far was finally closed. Perhaps they weren't meant to just be friends after all.