Since When Did We Have a Son? - Grian and Mumbo

The sound of fireworks filled the jungle as Grian came flying towards his best friend's ancient home. Landing just beyond the clearing, he shoved what felt like endless branches out of his way. Something had just happened. 

"Mumbo!" he shouted, cupping his hands around his mouth like a megaphone. 

Mumbo peered down from a ledge, looking for the source of the sound. As soon as he saw his builder friend, he waved excitedly. 

"Yes, yes, you're happy to see me, now come down here!" Grian yelled, pointing dramatically to his side. 

Being clueless as usual, Mumbo brought up his arms in a giant shrug before turning back to continue working.

"Hey! This is serious!"

Something finally clicked in the electrician's mind. He sprinted from the ledge, jumping off and opening his elytra to soften the fall. He grinned, his moustache bouncing in excitement. 

"Mumbo. Did you do this?" 

Grian pulled a tiny robot out of his backpack and raised his eyebrows. 

"He looks like you, but significantly more handsome," Mumbo chuckled, pointing at its moustache. 

Rolling his eyes, Grian cleared his throat and prepared to continue. 

"This thing- it claims that you and I are his dads. What in the world have you been up to?"

Mumbo flushed bright red. 

"I may or may not have made it..." he mumbled. 

"Wha- why? What is the point?"

"Ya know, I figured we were just shouting 'Mumbo for Mayor' at people for too long, so I, you know, made an AI to help give us an actual plan."

"You say that as if you can just casually make an artificial intelligence like it's no big deal," Grian said, exasperated.

Mumbo tilted his head to the side like a confused puppy, making Grian throw his head in his hands. The robot scuttled off to Mumbo's side, hugging him. 

"I see you're already the favorite dad," Grian said, more to himself than anything, "so I guess he's our son?" 

"I guess," Mumbo laughed. 

Grian bit his lip, watching his best friend laugh. Their robot "son" climbed up Mumbo Jumbo's back and sat on his shoulder. He wasn't quite sure how to feel about anything that was happening. Mumbo seemed to be enjoying it, which was at least something. 

"What does it eat?" Grian asked, being careful to step around words that might set off the little robot. 

Mumbo gave an awkward smile, but didn't respond. 

"Mumbo, what the hell does it eat?"

"...Diamonds."

"I'm done," Grian said, giving his best friend peace signs before lighting a firework and launching himself into the sky. 

Back at the base, Mumbo scratched his metal friend's chin, looking into its oddly happy eyes.

"Do you reckon he likes you?" he wondered.

"Mumbo for Mayor!" the robot said excitedly.