Since When Did Robots Grow? - Grian and Mumbo

The bells rang with a piercing sound in Grian's hobbit hole. He brushed his fringe out of his face and slowly dragged his tired feet to his end of the Hobbit Tunnel. However, when he saw what was in the minecart, Grian couldn't believe his eyes.

"Grian. Grumbot's gotten bigger," Mumbo said in a muffled voice.

Mumbo had managed to contort himself to fit completely inside the tiny cart. He held a mostly-empty cup of coffee which had spilled all over himself during the ride.

"How the heck does that happen?" Grian said disbelievingly.

"I'm honestly not sure, but he's outgrown my pocket. I've had to live in the in-between-bases-base thing for now since that kid has just taken over my hobbit hole!"

Grian grimaced.

"Did- did you just call him a kid?"

"At this point, what's a better thing to call him? He calls us his dads, wants money, and just keeps growing!" Mumbo chuckled.

"I guess you're right," Grian said.

"Well, come on, grab a minecart! Let's go!"

---

The dark wood of the tunnel was covered in mosses and cobwebs the whole way through. It clearly hadn't been taken care of as well as it should. Grian slouched in his minecart like normal, but it seemed like Mumbo was completely stuck.

At last, they reached the hobbit-hole-inside-a-hobbit-hole. Grian didn't even have to look through the nether portal to realize what was going on.

The sound of whirring gears and the repeated phrase of "Mumbo For Mayor" filled the home. There was an awful crunching sound that could only have been the robot having a tasty diamond snack.

"Hey! When did I give you permission to go through my stuff?" Mumbo shouted, diving into his home and snatching the diamond.

"Hello, Dad," Grumbot said.

His electronic face looked rather sad.

"Where's my other dad?" the robot asked poutily.

Grian followed Mumbo into the hobbit hole and waved at the robot.

"Dad number two!" Grumbot said, the lights on his face immediately turning happy.

There was a quiet "oh no" from Grian as the robot reached out to grab him. Grumbot's hands were as big as his dads were tall.

Mumbo motioned to put his friend down, which Grumbot did obediently.

"I'm sorry," the robot said, his face turning back to its usual sad.

Mumbo sighed.

"It's fine, Grumbot, but if you keep eating all my diamonds I'm worried you're going to outgrow this place too."

"That's the point!"

The two friends exchanged worried glances.

"What do you mean?" Mumbo asked slowly.

The robot's face changed to show a picture of the shopping district and its uninhabited town hall. The camera moved past it into an empty ocean.

"That's my home, right there, I've picked it out myself!"

Sheer panic took over Mumbo Jumbo's face.

"You're a robot, Grumbot! You'll get hurt!"

"No, Dad number one, it's special. I can buy a platform, and then I can become the smartest robot in all of Hermitcraft!"

"You're the only one..."

Grumbot ignored their words and continued his mantra of "Mumbo for Mayor."

"Reckon he's getting too smart?" Grian whispered.