Chapter 22: Mikey's Choice

Mikey's baby blue eyes fluttered open to feel Sundae was no longer in his arms. The first thing he thought to do was find his Skitty, only to hear a tiny 'nyah' next to him. "Sundae?" he questioned. He looked down to his right side of his feet to find the kitten Pokemon standing next to him, curious and confused as him. "Where are we?" he asked. Sundae shook her head to tell him that she didn't know. Suddenly, the room around them began to glow white which blinded them a bit. It was only for a moment before the light disappeared. The next thing Mikey and Sundae knew, they were standing in a place they had never seen before. They were standing on grass, greener than the trees at the farmhouse. Speaking of trees, there were none around them. The sky above them was gray and covered with stormy clouds that were going by slowly. But then their eyes had caught the sight of black balloons flying away to who knows where. Neither did the turtle or the Skitty remember how they had gotten here, but they immediately began searching the pony and the desert croc Pokemon out.

"Pinkie Pie!" Mikey called. "Pinkie, where are you?" Sundae was mewing out as loud as Mikey was calling out to the pink pony, possibly calling out to Gummy. No answer was replying to them until they heard a sniffle in the distance. It was a voice that was all too familiar to Mikey. He wasted no time to scoop up Sundae into his arms and run towards the sound, but it seemed further away with every step he took. Then he saw something. Three figures, standing over something with one crying. As he got closer, he was in shock when saw the clear appearances of the three figures..

"Pinkie Pie...what the shell...?"

Pinkie Pie had crumbled down in tears, crying her heart out. Her mane and tail were no longer curly and bouncy or even looked bright pink anymore. Her mane and tail look like they've been dyed with hot raspberry pink color then cut so short into a bob cut hairstyle with a very fancy feather clip in it. Her coat didn't even look real anymore as if it has been dyed in paint or bleach and her eyes look too shiny, making Mikey realize she has sky blue eye contacts in them. She was wearing a faded blue dress decorated with dark blue ruffles and with ugly jean blue flowers. She was crying over what seemed to be a very large marble of rock when Sundae freed herself from Mikey's grip and walked over. When she looked at it, she had a look of horror and tears formed in her very thin line eyes. Mikey looked over and saw what was written on the rock.

"Here lies, Gummy Snap the Krokorok.

Dearly beloved partner Pokemon of Pinkie Pie.

You will never be forgotten and will always be missed."

Mikey's mind must have gone blank when he read the tombstone as his heart had dropped into his stomach. He was in shock to see Gummy's grave right before him but he was more shocked to see Pinkie Pie wearing all that fancy stuff, before he looked closer at her front legs and her cheeks, making his eyes widened in horror to see the barely hidden bruises and very thin cuts littering her. Sundae was yowling in sadness which added more to the heartbreak. Mikey wanted to comfort Pinkie Pie when he finally noticed the other two figures standing away from her and the deceased Pokemon's grave.

His grayish azure blue coat was almost covered by the black tailcoat on him, but his safety pin cutie mark could still be seen. His horn was poking out his white and pale grayish blue curvy mane and his tail could be seen poking from under the tailcoat. His gold eyes glared down at Pinkie and her crying while smirking at Gummy's grave.

The other figure standing next to him wasn't a pony but a Pokemon and this one had a stuck up, spoiled, ruthless expression mixed into one while smirking haughtily. It looked like a rather large panther but it's body and head were larger. It's blue-gray fur was definitely one of the signs that it was high-class and seemed to have that softer-than-velvet design. Its eyes are in a half-closed state, it had three large whiskers on both sides of its face, and on its forehead was a blue jewel. Around its neck, there was a diamond made collar with a safety pin tag.