Chapter 23: Michelangelo In Love

When Michelangelo and Sundae walked into the kitchen, they found Donnie preparing a cup of coffee. Sundae silently glared at the purple masked turtle and she was about to open her mouth to unleash a Blizzard attack before Mikey quickly stopped her by placing his foot in front of her. He hoped Donnie didn't hear it but he did, unfortunately. The purple masked turtle turned and saw his younger brother and he smiled a little.

"Well, ain't this déjà vu all over again?" the scientist said. "I'm guessing' you're out here for the same reason." Mikey tilted his head confused just as Sundae peaked her head out from behind her trainer's leg to see what's happening. Donnie grabbed his cup of coffee and turned to his little brother with the same smile on his face. "Last time you and Leo were up like this, he had a dream about Pinkie." He chuckled a little and he noticed Mikey was about to ask, so he replied, "I know about it because I was just about to grab my goggles when I overheard you two talking." Mikey sighed a bit and looked at him. "Well, why are you here then?" he asked. Donnie sipped his coffee and looked at the orange masked turtle with concern. "Couldn't sleep." he said, before handing him a slice of pizza. "I've been worrying about you, Mikey. You don't eat, you don't sleep, you hardly speak...this isn't healthy for you little brother." Mikey's gaze dropped to the ground and he was starting to his breathing hitch from the uneasy feeling crawling in him.

Even he didn't know why, but his train of thoughts were interrupted when Sundae meowed to get her trainer's attention to remind that Donnie needed an answer because he was starting to approach him. With quick haste, he quickly spat out, "I'm just recovering from...well, you know. That's all." He hoped his brother would take that answer so he could just grab what he wanted and retreat back into his room with Sundae in his arms. "I think it's more than that." Donnie responded. Mikey looked at him. "What do you mean?" "I'll explain later. First, tell me about your dream."

.......

Mikey told Donnie every last detail of what happened in the vision-like dream, including the part where the skeletal pony and Eve had appeared. Donnie nodded as he listened before setting a bowl of ice cream for Sundae to eat. He could tell his brother and his kitten Pokemon was feeling depressed from that vision they saw in their dream but he couldn't blame them. He would feel the same way if he saw something like that in his dreams.

"So this vision...you say it may happen in the future. You're saying Pinkie Pie and her family brought Pokemon back from their homeland?" Sundae nodded and purred then turned to look at her trainer. "Yes, that's what Pinkie Pie explained." Mikey muttered, fiddling with his still uneaten pizza slice. "Huh. That would explain where all this massive power and energy is coming from since my mutagen tracker has been going nuts ever since you left home." He rubbed the back of his neck and he smiled a little, though it barely did anything to Mikey but Sundae giggled a little. "And you said the pony of bones said you have to make a choice?" Mikey hung his head and nodded. Donnie could sense the slight pressure from that and the purple masked turtle felt his concern for Mikey grow. "I'm not trying to pressure you, Mike." He carefully chose his words. "You were with that pink pony for a whole one or two months." He sipped his coffee before looking over to see Sundae's face in a chocolate mess before Mikey gently scooped her over to him and with a washcloth, he cleaned off the cold, icky mess. "I just wanna know what happened. I promise I won't bring up any of it with the others...But Sensei probably needs to know, little brother."

The orange masked turtle sighed and nodded in agreement since Splinter is their father and master so he has a right to know but only when Mikey is ready to tell him. "I was angry at first. Pinkie explained to me she wanted to fall in love before she got married, even before her real parents decided to set her up for a forced, arranged marriage." he explained, blushing pink a little. "Then she started asking me if I loved her. Of course I loved her, but I'm not sure in what way. Then we sort of got to know one another and...she was sweet, very sweet, kind, caring, and she helped restore me back to myself. Whenever I see her, I can't help but smile. But it also makes me blush and my heart jumps then takes off at a high speed. I...I miss her." Donnie's heart clenched when he heard his brother say that. "I know I really shouldn't, after the capture and the attempted...she was so ashamed..."