Chapter 9: Paper and Blood

The turtles had been out of the lair for a while to see Casey and April, in hopes to take the battle from last night off of their minds. They never forgot about that thing but they hope whatever it's message meant doesn't happen.

Right now, the turtles were talking to Casey but they were keeping their distance away from April. Something about her made their blood boil a bit so they couldn't trust her. Especially with the crystal around her neck. When they talked about the battle last night, Casey told them he already knew since he heard the cracking and crunching sounds outside of his bedroom window before he caught a picture of the thing with his camera.

"When the picture slowly appeared, it was creepier than even the New Jersey Devil itself!" Casey exclaimed while searching through a pile of pictures for the picture. April rolled her blue eyes with an agitated sigh. "This is ridiculous Casey! There's no way a creature like that could exist." she spat. "You don't know that red!" Casey argued back. His chocolate brown eyes finally spotted the picture he was searching for and grabbed it. "Found it!" he exclaimed. He walked over to Donnie and offered him the picture to examine it. When the turtles looked at it, they were frozen right where they're standing as they took a closer look through the blackness.

In the picture, it was the thing. It had the shape of a pony but it was very, extremely thin to the point it may actually be skin and bones. It was somehow flying through the night sky as it's 'wings' didn't have any feathers but bones and somewhat spikes. On its head, it still had the spike like horn and it's tail was unnaturally resembling a lion's tail. It's mane, pigtails, and tail were flowing behind it as it flew in the night.

April stepped over to see for herself. When she saw it, she rolled her eyes again and sighed before snatching the picture. "It's obviously fake. There's no way a creature that could be a living skeleton would actually be real." She had a tone of a spoiled brat but that didn't quite concern the others. Kophu looked at her confused. "How do you know it's a skeleton?" she asked, genuinely curious. April looked at the picture and her snarky behavior was set aside. "From the way it's chest is shaped, I can see the ribs of a pony." She explained, handing the picture to Donnie. Donnie took the picture and looked at it closely. It may be dark and black, but his reddish brown eyes could see the slightest outline of the chest ribs, neck, and joints in the bones. "April is right. This thing looks almost like a complete skeleton, absolutely nothing but bones and hair." he confirmed. Leo and Ollie looked at him then at the picture. He had to be right.

After another hour of visiting, the turtles had to leave before Sensei got worried. They picked up some pizza for dinner on the way back, but as they walked through the sewers, it was strangely quiet. Usually one of them, specifically Mikey, would leave the TV on but now it's as silent as people sleep at night, despite the fact that their home has the well known nickname "the city that never sleeps." Leo, Ollie, Mikey, and Kophu seemed to have sensed the change around them and they immediately went into defense mode. "Hold on guys, something ain't right." Leo cautioned. But Raph just shoved him aside and walked towards the lair's entrance. "Quit being so aware all the time, fearless leader. There's nothing wrong than just a stupid change to the----" Raph was quickly cut off of his words and immidieatly wished he could take back what he said. His eyes widened in shock and he turned to the others. "Guys, you need to come see this." He almost stuttered on his words. The other turtles peeked inside and were almost as shocked as Raph when they took in the shocking sight.

Paper shredded to pieces were littering across the floor and the couch. It would have seemed funny to Mikey thinking it could be some new kind of confetti, but with the new feel around them, he realized this was no joke to laugh about, especially this.

Hesitantly, Mikey was the first one to approach a piece of paper and pick it up, flipping it over to one side where a single word was written in red. Not red ink from a pen or red led of a colored pencil, or water of the color dye of a marker. All it read was the color name.

RED.

Mikey didn't know what to think of this before the others started to pick up the unsettling aura from their baby brother. One by one, each paper piece was picked up with the same unknown red source used to write. Most of them were written with a single word. Such as "RED, ANGER, HATRED, LOVE, CARE, KILL, and PROTECT." Others had two worded messages that read some creepy stuff such as "TRAITORS BETRAY, HELP US, STRICT LEO, UPTIGHT OLLIE, MONSTER RAPH, RUDE DONNIE, KIND KOPHU, FATHER SPLINTER, and SWEET MIKEY." Once all the shredded pieces were picked up, they all strangely led to the dojo. An unsettling aura was emitting from inside.

Without thinking, Raph shoved Mikey forward which caused the youngest to turn and glare at his big brother. "Why me Raph?!" he whispered. "Because you're always played as bait, now get your shell in there!" he whispered snarled. Mikey felt a little scared and knew better than to anger Raph. He gulped nervously before taking one step into the dojo. His eyes were shut tightly and he gripped his nunchucks in his hands, ready to fight what was in there. He waited for the upcoming strike...but nothing came. No hit or kick, or slap or attack, nor bite or scratch. Absolutely nothing came at him.

Feeling safe, he sighed and smiled before opening his eyes. But when they opened, he wished he kept his eyes closed.

"MIKEY IS MINE"

Written in the same red substance as the previous messages. Sitting in front of the paper, there she was. Her pink hooves had the same red substance and her chest had three spots of red splattered like a paintbrush being tossed and splattered paint where it landed. Her eyes looked almost opened wider than before. A smile was spread across her face, almost long and creepy.

The last thing Mikey heard was a loud static ringing echoing in his brain before it went black.

.........

Something wet touched his forehead as he was regaining consciousness and he could hear the muffled voices of his siblings arguing and fighting. His sight was blurry as he did his best to regain it to normal. A little difficult but he managed to do so. He felt his head soaring with pain like a giant knife had cut his head in half.

"Guys, he's waking up." Kophu's muffled voice exclaimed. His hearing was still ringing but it soon settled down and he could hear what they're saying clearly. He tried to sit up, only to wince in pain and lay back down. "Easy my son. You had only awakened." Splinter soothed. The youngest brother nodded weakly and looked at the others. "What happened?" he asked. The others turned their attention to him, looking relieved and worried. Except Raph, who was just drinking a rather large glass of water.

Leo sat down while Donnie walked over to him with a first aid kit. "You almost had some type of seizure or something Mikey." Donnie explained. "When you entered the dojo, you completely froze up. You then started to sway back and forth a bit before collapsing and blacking out." Mikey didn't know what to say at this point, when the image of Pinkie, blood, and the message appeared in his mind. "What about Pinkie Pie? The blood? The Message?" Mikey had questions swirling around his mind and spilling out of his mouth when Kophu covered his mouth. A soft, worried, but confused look glued on her face. "We found the doll and the message but Mikey, there was no blood all over Pinkie Pie." Her response nearly chilled Mikey to the bone. No blood? It couldn't be. It couldn't have been a hallucination. Well then that leaves one question.

"Where's my sweet cupcake now?" Again, he blushed pink and his heart was beating against his chest. Harder this time.

"I got rid of her."

Thump thump...thump thump...thump thump...SHATTER!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles belongs to Mirage Studios

Ollie and Kophuya belongs to joellejey

Pinkie Pie belongs to Hasbro