Chapter 24: Friendlier Terms

The sound of clicking and thumping of boots echoed through the parts of the abandoned buildings as she was trying to get away. Her long grayish hair was flowing behind her with the breeze from her speed along with the black tears from her makeup she hated so much. The speed she was going was blowing off the pale, light raspberry pink paint off of her hands to reveal her real light gray color and her gray eyes were shrunken to the size of golf balls with sheer fear. She could hear her heart beating at her incredible speed and she knew she would soon need to stop to breath, but she couldn't stop. Not with him giving chase.

She held her six, small, red and white balls in her arms with each one having a light red glow on the buttons. She held them tightly in arms which were covered by the lightish maroon, black cuffed and collared vest decorated with a fade-ish raspberry bow on the center of the collar bone. Blowing with the breeze of her running was her long black skirt that had a matching streak and two bows of the same fade-ish raspberry pink color and on the top right was her signature yellow and blue three balloons but the colors were slightly faded. The skirt could no longer hide the dark gray and black boots she was forced to wear and she felt the gray, black and white spotted bow slip off of her mane when she was trying to focus on turning back to her original form. But with her six friends in her arms, she would run the risk of them being killed by him and his haughty, high-class Persian.

"With lots of offense, Pin," she whispered hissed. "This is an outfit that is not really appropriate for me to party or run through the city to escape." More tears were flowing down her light gray cheeks with more make up in the warm, disgusting wetness that was falling behind her. She could clearly remember how and why she was in the state right now as he forced her to get dressed in those horrible clothes to get ready to go back to his home, she felt something like spark bring her back to life instead of laying on the floor like a dead doll. What gave her the chance to escape his hold was when her mother broke through the glass balcony doors and had a scuffle with him before she had unintentionally rocketed slammed her right back hoof onto a wall which caused a massive injury to her hoof, but the scuffle was enough for her to escape.

Her Pokeballs were scooped up into her arms and here she was now, running through the abandoned city parts, her aura giving off a light for her to see. "Come on Pinkie Pie. You need to figure out a way to release your Pokemon from their trapped cages." Pinkie reprimed herself, ignoring the fact her feet were beginning to ache from the much running she had done. "I may not be as smart as Twilight, Twivine, Everlight, or Twinkle Twirl, but I'm not giving up on my bestest friends." She continued to run when she passed a door and her running had been pulled to a halt. Fear was rushing through her veins before she was suddenly pulled inside and the door had closed shut.

Darkness engulfed her like a whale swallowing her up whole. As soon as she felt the grip of her snatcher let go, she whipped her head towards the direction to face them. Just as the snatcher struck something and a tiny flame was lit up but it didn't brighten up the whole darkness until it became a giant glow of light in an old lantern. The light was now big enough to see Pinkie Pie's snatcher. She planned to yell at them but her eyes shot wide when she saw who it was.

"Lemon Zest?" she said, in a hushed tone. The light showed the gray girl her rival standing in front of her with a shameful look in her light amber eyes. Some of her arctic blue eyeshadow had been washed off a little from the previous cries she had and she was looking down to her feet. "I know what you're thinking and I know I shouldn't be here, but please hear me out." she pleaded. Pinkie's expression turned to a sympathetic one and sighed, which surprised her rival. The silence from her was a sign for Lemon Zest to continue. She mustered up the courage to look at her in the eye and she felt her heart crack at the sight of the grayness in them.