Chapter 7: Mikey's Temper

Donnie had been so busy with his inventions lately that he didn't even realize what time it is. He should be in bed, he knows, but he couldn't close his eyes and rest when trouble could stir. Shredder's henchmen could be roaming somewhere and he has to be on watch.

While he was drinking another cup of coffee, he failed to even notice that the doors to his lab had just opened and two pairs of blue eyes were peeking inside. As Donnie was typing away on his computer, he was quickly pulled out from his computer when he heard the sound of footsteps coming into the lab. His reddish brown eyes turned to find Leo and surprisingly Pinkie Pie in his arms. "Leo, wasn't Pinkie Pie---" He didn't have time to finish the sentence before Leo quickly slammed his hand over his mouth. "Keep it down Don. I had to sneak into the room without waking up Mikey to get Pinkie Pie." His whispers sounded urgent, which was enough to get Donnie to become aware of the situation.

He turned away from his computer system, just in time for Ollie to enter the lab and quickly shut the lab doors. His dark brown eyes were almost wide as saucers with fear stinging them as he was trying to keep his breath steady, but he was failing badly. The two turtles were caught off guard by the sudden appearance of their brother busting into the lab scared. Ollie was never scared unless something went wrong with his siblings.

"Ollie, what happened?" Leo asked. The green masked turtle turned to his twin brother and took a few deep breaths before he replied with a shaky tone. "I had a dream about that doll." He pointed to Pinkie, his eyes widening in fear. "You wouldn't believe what it was saying to me." Leo and Donnie were almost as surprised as he was, but they couldn't believe it. Pinkie Pie was just a doll, nothing more...right?

Leo turned to Donnie and gulped. "We think this doll may be the reason for our dreams." He handed Pinkie towards Donnie, but the purple masked turtle gently pushed it back. "Leo, Ollie, it's probably just dreams. They couldn't mean anything." he said, coincidentally. But Leo and Ollie weren't buying it.

Unfortunately, Mikey was just walking by the door when his baby blue eyes had caught the sight of Pinkie Pie in his older brother's arms. Alarmed, he used his stealth to sneak inside and with quick swift, he snatched away Pinkie from Leo's grasp with a growl leaving his lips. "You snatched Pinkie away from me Leo?!" Mikey growled. "How could you?!" A snarl left the youngest brother's mouth before he turned and stomped out of the lab, carrying the pink pony doll in his arms before the blue masked turtle caught the sight of the doll's eyes staring right at him and his brothers before catching the sight of her cheeks turning slightly red.

Almost unsettled, he turned to Donnie with hope in his eyes. "Donnie, please. Once Mikey is distracted or asleep, you need to run a scan on Pinkie." he begged. Donnie could see the fear in twin older brothers' eyes and he could understand there was something wrong about the doll that was scaring the twin leader and second in command. With no reason to protest, Donnie sighed and nodded. "Ok ok, I'll run a test on the doll." he agreed. Leo and Ollie smiled hopefully before they were suddenly pushed out of the lab. "If it will get you both to stop bothering me around two am in the morning!" he exclaimed quietly as possible. He didn't want to deal with Splinter scolding him for disturbing the slumber of him or the others.

Leo and Ollie watched as their younger brother shut himself away into his lab before they turned their focus on Mikey who seemed to be comforting Pinkie Pie while glaring at his older brothers. "How dare you try to hurt her!" he growled. His eyes burned with anger as Leo and Ollie backed away, slightly shocked to see Mikey angry. Mikey was never the one to get angry so easily, unlike Raph. This was a little uneasy for the two twin brothers. But nonetheless, they didn't like it. "Mikey, I didn't mean to take her away---" "Then why did you?!" Mikey asked angrily. Leo was starting to get more uneasy of his youngest brother's anger. He wasn't sure if he should continue and suffer more of his anger or stop and be spared.